Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Community > Introductions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-28-2006, 08:40 AM   #1

Share |

Hello!

Guess I have kinda done this backwards- posted a question before the introduction! That's my life!!

My hubby & I are in our second home- a dream on the water that needed MUCH work! Previous owner was a divorced exec guy with a teenage son- so I probably don't need to go into too much detail Nothing was kept up-The house was pretty much unloved for 5+ years. We saw a diamond in the rough and jumped! Been here since the beginning of May and have so far replaced 2 sliding glass doors, a balcony off master bedroom up, taken out 6 trees, ripped out moisture damaged walls in laundry & half-bath downstairs, and wallpaper in entryway & dining room, and master bedroom, and slate at entryway and delaminating prefinished hardwood in kitchen/family room area. Whew! New paint is on the walls in the living, dining, entry, stairway, master bedroom & upstairs hall. We are walking on concrete slab in kitchen/fam room area until we get our tile down, and carpet is waiting for us at a friends shop. My husband did flooring (cpt, vinyl, some tile) in a former life until knee and back surgery made him think to get get an "upright" job elsewhere! Thank goodness he is very handy!!!

I am about to tackle the landscaping when the hot weather breaks- Have already taken out oodles of vinca major & minor along with English Ivy that was allowed to grow everywhere- so some of the beds are ready to work. I will be taking master gardener classes starting next month! I love "dirt therapy" and sometimes it really is less expensive than a shrink! I look forward to learning lots and trying to help where I may!!

Smiles!
Melissa
mbur113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 12:36 PM   #2

Hello!

redline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 06:24 PM   #3
Journeyman Plumber

Hello!

Hi Melissa,

Wecome to DIY Chatroom.
Ron The Plumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 07:43 PM   #4
Tired, Cold, and Damp

Hello!

Hello there
Sounds like you've got a project or two
Hope we can help
slickshift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 07:59 PM   #5

Hello!

Yup, welcome

Hopefully I'll be in the same position in a month or so, if Wells Fargo ever get us the paperwork so I can close.
Sportbilly is offline   Reply With Quote