Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Community > Introductions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 02-15-2012, 07:37 PM   #1

Share |

Hello!

Hi everyone! I am so glad I found this forum, I bought a "95 Redman sw several years ago and want to slowly start fixing it up. I live in a small trailer park on a hill side, I have a beautiful flower garden under the front porch (because of the slant of the hillside the front porch is 4 1/2 feet high) and want to start fixing the inside up. It has a weird issue though, the kitchen cabinets separate from the celieng by about 1/2 inch in the winter and then go back together in the summer, they have done this for the last five years that I've owned it. Does anyone know what causes this and if it's something that needs fixed? (I have checked the level and it is level)
Thanks so much for any help!

pumpkin pie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 08:31 PM   #2

Hello!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkin pie View Post
Hi everyone! I am so glad I found this forum, I bought a "95 Redman sw several years ago and want to slowly start fixing it up. I live in a small trailer park on a hill side, I have a beautiful flower garden under the front porch (because of the slant of the hillside the front porch is 4 1/2 feet high) and want to start fixing the inside up. It has a weird issue though, the kitchen cabinets separate from the celieng by about 1/2 inch in the winter and then go back together in the summer, they have done this for the last five years that I've owned it. Does anyone know what causes this and if it's something that needs fixed? (I have checked the level and it is level)
Thanks so much for any help!
Hi punkin' how about takin some pics of the garden , around the outside and inside of your trailer etc. post em here, and folks will have a better idea of your situation.

Wildie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 10:26 AM   #3
Lic. Builder/GC/Remodeler

Hello!

Howdy!
AtlanticWBConst. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 11:25 AM   #4

Hello!

Not uncommon for rafters to lift in the winter time because all the dry air causes the wood to shrink. They go back down once you start to get humidity in the house again, usually late spring/early summer.
Gymschu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 09:37 AM   #5

Hello!

.............and, yet another poster disappears, never to be heard from again after asking questions.
Gymschu is offline   Reply With Quote