DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Good carpenter... Bad plumber!!!

728 views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  dengle 
#1 ·
I'm Cody, I'm 27 and I've been building houses every since I could first swing a hammer. I have a lot of experience in all aspects of custom home building from start to finish. The areas I lack knowlege are tile, plumbing, and electrical. I just purchased my first home two months ago and emediately started improvements. These are the areas I will be asking about.

#2 ·
Welcome, good for you being that young and working to buy a new home.
There's lots of good plumbers and elecritritions on here that will get you through almost anything you run across.

#3 ·
Welcome and join right in---As a carpenter the tile will be an easy learning curve---

Plumbing can be frustrating at first because you will lack familiarity with all the various parts that are available (but the one you need is on the shelf at the store)--Welcome and have fun--Mike--

#6 ·
Welcome, as a fellow novice... well, in almost everything in my case... I can tell you plumbing is one of those items that can lead to frustration. It's not so much in the processes, it's more in the "oh crud, I grabbed a 90 elbow and needed a 45 at the store" and wasting gas on the 4235 trips to the hardware store to get the right parts :) Good luck on your renovation!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.