Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Community > Introductions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-06-2008, 02:00 PM   #1
Dee

Share |

Detailed instructions needed!

Hi all. For 35 years my husband did all of the house repairs. He didn't even like me to paint. He was a perfectionist and well, I'm not! My one job was to paint the front door frame, so I did learn that I need primer before paint, but that's about all. He looked after the cars, the house and the banking. (He also worked a full time job) I went to work, planned meals, babysitters, parties etc. I don't even remember changing a light bulb. I lost my husband a year and a half ago to a massive stroke at age 58. (If you haven't quit smoking, try harder!)I miss him every day, but I also wish he had taught me how to use a ratchet set. I am trying to maintain a house that is about 50 years old and starting to fall apart. I just finished repairing my front door. (I hope) I'm here so that hopefully I can fix other things, too. I can't offer help in the construction department, but I did teach grade 8 for 35 years. I wonder if there is a forum for that?
Dee_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 03:48 PM   #2

If you taught 8th grade, you can do just about anything. We'll help you any way we can.
jerryh3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 05:34 PM   #3

Welcome to the site, as noted, you are a teacher, you'll do just fine. Read through the topics, a wealth of knowledge is here. When you want to tackle a project, any size, someone is always ready to give step by step help.
DUDE! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 06:10 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee_M View Post
Hi all. For 35 years my husband did all of the house repairs. He didn't even like me to paint. He was a perfectionist and well, I'm not! My one job was to paint the front door frame, so I did learn that I need primer before paint, but that's about all. He looked after the cars, the house and the banking. (He also worked a full time job) I went to work, planned meals, babysitters, parties etc. I don't even remember changing a light bulb. I lost my husband a year and a half ago to a massive stroke at age 58. (If you haven't quit smoking, try harder!)I miss him every day, but I also wish he had taught me how to use a ratchet set. I am trying to maintain a house that is about 50 years old and starting to fall apart. I just finished repairing my front door. (I hope) I'm here so that hopefully I can fix other things, too. I can't offer help in the construction department, but I did teach grade 8 for 35 years. I wonder if there is a forum for that?

There's a forum here for that! Its called PEST CONTROL-----------(grin)
Wildie is offline   Reply With Quote