Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Community > Introductions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-15-2011, 12:16 PM   #1

Share |

Concrete Joining

I am Hitesh Deka from Assam, India. I want to know about joining old conrete with new concrete.

hitesh deka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 12:58 PM   #2

Concrete Joining

hitesh, About pouring new concrete to existing concrete is somewhat easy.1st. the concrete thickness is very important.If you have a drill motor that you will need to use ,3/8" concrete bit for 3" thick concrete that is old/or new concrete.The reason for 3/8 bit any bigger bit will have a greater chance to break the top of concrete off as you drill into old concrete.You will need 3/8" rebar or any smooth steel dowels.All holes should be 3"drilled into old concrete center.Go slow as you drill,clean holes out,use hammer to drive rebar into holes,go easy we dont no how thick existing concrete is.The rebar needs only to be about 12" long.I'm sure you only have to worry about up lift I dont no how large of concrete you have.if patio/drive?24" on center will do just fine. Good luck.Ken C

kchunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 06:59 PM   #3

Concrete Joining

Welcome to the Site !
Scuba_Dave is offline   Reply With Quote