Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Community > Introductions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-27-2010, 11:55 PM   #1

Share |

Brile

Hi all!
I am a newly single mom in her 40's who bought a 60 year old bungalow just over a year ago. It was well taken care of but not updated in decor in decades. So far I have installed hardwood in the bedrooms and hallway using a drill, hammer and nails. I put in a new bathroom marble floor, new vanity and toilet as well as painted virtually every room in the house. Many more other little projects gave been completed too. I guess I'm quite handy around the house and have been so for years. I do enjoy it but there are times when I'm in the middle of a project, like the one I'm doing now which is retiling the bathroom, that I wish I could leave well enough alone. What started as recaulking around the tub went to ripping out the outside wall around the tub because of a leak discovered around a soap dish. I discovered a fair bit of black mold and have since cleaned it up and put up a new wall. Now, I have a faucet handle that I can't get off and I've buggered my water heater today when I shut it off. Isn't that the way revovations go though? I'll have lots of questions ahead I'm sure and hopefully can share some of what I've learned along the way too. I'm looking forward to being a part of the forum . Cheers

brile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 06:03 AM   #2
DIY staff

Brile

Welcome.Brile. It sounds like you have a good attitude--Find a problem,figure out a solution and then get it done!

Adding your location to your profile will help you get answers that are best for your area,Pictures always help when asking for suggestions.

Welcome--Mike--

oh'mike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 09:10 AM   #3

Brile

Hi Mike
Thanks for the welcome. I have just figured out the quickest way to get images off my camera and onto my computer so posting pictures should be easy. I've also just updated my location too. Thanks for the suggestions.
Cheers
brile is offline   Reply With Quote