About Me...Mike Works - Introductions - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Community > Introductions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-16-2011, 01:11 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10
Smile

About me...Mike Works

Hi out there!

I am a retired GM assembly worker. I had to take retirement because I came down with rheumatoid arthritis in 96 and had a heart attack in 06. So, I am forced to do a lot of things in our old cabin which is on a lake that is wonderful to view and use, but winters are snowy, windy and difficult...but absolutely beautiful.

I am not very good at using a computer, so I hope this works ok. Trying to make limited funds cover all we have to do on this 1971 cottage is a challenge. We hope to get in- floor heat installed so we can stay warm during the very cold weather. Two sets of 8-foot sliders allow a lot of cold air to come into our living room and the baseboard heat and fireplace insert don't do the job.

I hope to learn a lot from you and maybe share some things that I've learned the hard way. My wife helps my projects look good adding the finishing touches that I do not have the patience for nor the skill. She enjoys the creative solutions she comes up with!

Snow is forecast this week so we have to hurry and get the new back porch finished. It has been a lot of work and a lot of painting.....and it's a small porch.

I have to post my question on purging our very large concrete chimney that is concrete block and a great eyesore!

Mike Works

Advertisement

Last edited by mike works; 10-16-2011 at 01:19 PM. Reason: incorrect word
mike works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 05:23 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,032

About me...Mike Works

Glad to meet you. Welcome to the forum, to both of you!

Gary

Advertisement