Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Forum Support > Site Help and Suggestions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-04-2007, 08:53 PM   #1

Share |

Why don't we have more stickies?

Just thought I'd throw the idea out there, though I'm sure you've already thought of it. I just went to the paint section, hoping for a basic info painting sticky, and there wasn't any. Figured I'd recommend you setup some stickies for the basics in each section, it'd be real useful to many and avoid a lot of repeat threads

joeyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 09:26 PM   #2

We are working on a new content section of the site that will have basic how to articles/guides. Hopefully that will provide some answers for users.

Otherwise if you have a suggestion of a thread that needs to be made a sticky let me know.

THanks.

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot
Nathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 09:49 PM   #3
Tired, Cold, and Damp

I think we should sticky this thread
slickshift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 11:08 AM   #4
Agent 000

If you're going to start "stickying" threads, might I suggest that you lock them also? Case in point; The "Does your job need a permit" thread although initially informative got carried away quickly by off topic questions and a few hijacks.

I think it would be kind of nice to have a "Best of DIY Chatroom" section where all those fundamental DIY questions are addressed whether it be through the how to guides that you mentioned or some other medium. I for one would love to submit articles for publication at this forum if that should ever be the direction that the administration takes.

Regards,

S. Squirrel
SecretSquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 12:35 PM   #5

I didn't have any real specific suggestions on threads that I thought should be stickied, but for instance, I just started a thread in paint about painting on exterior latex onto aluminum surfaces.

If the painting subforum had a sticky, all I needed probably would've been there.

Clearly this is a board aimed at people who don't know how to do their projects, but some people have a clue, others seem completely clueless. Stickies could reduce the number of threads whose answers are extremely obvious.
Old 08-21-2007, 06:04 PM   #6

what is a sticky?
yudamann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 06:10 PM   #7
Agent 000

Quote:
Originally Posted by yudamann View Post
what is a sticky?
It's a thread that a moderator or admin will choose to make permanent (stick) to the top of the heap. Go to the Building and Construction forum and you'll see an example as the very first thread is labeled as a "Sticky"
SecretSquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 08:09 PM   #8

yup! just a thread that's labeled as a 'sticky', and is always at the top of the threads, regardless of the last time it had a new post.