Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Forum Support > Site Feedback and Suggestions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-09-2008, 01:38 AM   #1
DIY'er

Rewards Points: 0
Share |

Why does the search exclude words

A search for a common topic like "sub panel" returns the following result:

"The following words are either very common, too long, or too short and were not included in your search: sub"

I understand that it is normal for a search engine to exclude some common words, but why does it seem to exclude so many meaningful words when I try to search? The above is just an example, I have had it happen a number of times when searching for things.

Jamie

jamiedolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 10:23 AM   #2

Yea, the built in search engine here has some limitations. When this type of thing happens I usually turn to Google who are the masters of search.

You can search a specific site by using the following in the search box: site:diychatroom.com sub panel

Which will give you : http://www.google.com/search?q=site%...L_enUS288US288

Not a great answer but I think you'll find more success doing it that way.

Thanks.

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot
Nathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 12:02 PM   #3
DIY'er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
Yea, the built in search engine here has some limitations. When this type of thing happens I usually turn to Google who are the masters of search.

You can search a specific site by using the following in the search box: site:diychatroom.com sub panel

Which will give you : http://www.google.com/search?q=site%...L_enUS288US288

Not a great answer but I think you'll find more success doing it that way.

Thanks.
Thanks Nathan; The google site search does appear to work very well for this site. Looks like they indexed it well, the google site search doesn't seem to work that well for many sites. I was able to get many results for all the searches I tried on google. Thanks.

Doesn't google have something where they allow you to imbed that site search into your web site? So you could replaced the limited search function that is built into this site with the google engine? I thought that was something google offered for free. Since the google site search works so well for this site, it might be worth doing.

Thanks
Jamie
jamiedolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 12:33 AM   #4

They do and I am planning on building that into the website soon. It's just going to take a few months before the site redesign takes place.

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot
Nathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 07:01 AM   #5
the Musigician

lyjj1226---> 中国当代三大性学之一史成礼教授对性器具的用途归纳出如下几点
 中国当代三大性学之一史成礼教授对 成人用品 性器具的用途归纳出如下几点:  1、性病恐惧者使用器具可以释放性欲而不接触异性。  2、 对无条件结婚 者、长期外出或独居的人,能提供性享受。避免嫖妓宿娼。  3、性欲较强者,性配偶不能满足时 ,借以释放多 余性能量而不搞婚外恋,从而稳定婚姻。  4、对男性阳痿、女性性冷感患者可以用性用具进行诱 导或治疗。   5、夫妻一方有病或致残、寡居而无法进行性生活者,性具是自慰工具。  6、夫妻性生活未能 尽兴时,可借 助性具刺激、辅助,达到性高潮。  7、有利于提高夫妻性生活质量。性功能较差者可通过性具强 烈刺激,影响 性阈值,达到性高潮,获得性满足。  8、性具多数都有避孕功能,使用性具可以防止计划外生育 ,减少超生人 口。   性用品 类型包括:性器具(男用器具、女用器具)、性功能增强剂、助兴用品。   性用品 的使用  性生活 成人用品 的使用超过1/4(27%)的人拥有振动器或按摩器,而在25—34岁和45岁以上的年龄段的 人中,这个比 例超过了1/3。冰岛人使用振动器的比例最高(53%),其次是挪威人(50%)和英国人(4 9%)。全世 界范围内,人们应用最多的增加性生活情趣的分别是色情录像(35%),情趣安全套(27%)和 润滑剂(22 %)。在35—44岁年龄段的人中,有接近一半的人(49%)曾通过观看色情录像来为性生活增 加情趣,而在 21—24岁年龄段的人中,有40%的人有过这种经历,在25—34岁年龄段的人中,有32%的人有 过这种 经历。对于女性来说,使用 性用品 振动器的比例(20%)要高于男性(14%),更多的男性倾向使用一种能够延长性生活时间的产 品。

ooh! ooh! here he is again! everyone quick click on his links so he can hack you, or build his power levels faster, or buy his penis enlarger!
(which obviously did not work for him)

NOT! lol

DM