Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Forum Support > Site Feedback and Suggestions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-18-2011, 04:57 PM   #1

Share |

Webmaster and Search hits

I am curious if the webmaster has anyway to track the search. Not the results but the words that people look for?

This is a two part question:

If someone does a search on a subject and participants of the board know there is a really good thread or post that answers that question, is there a way to do a "sticky" (I think that is what it is called, I was viewing the Bat House link today and saw that Mike put it on as a "sticky") Or maybe start a new category, Best Of.

The black line at top shows User Cp Register Diy Blogs Faq etc. What about adding Best of??????????? and then in the introduction, when people are registering they might think about the Best Of when they come back for more or as a search for what they need.

This site has helped me quite a bit and I hope do add to it one way or the other.

I would like some feed back to see if I am in the ballpark or not, Thanks

m1951mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 07:00 AM   #2
Mod

Webmaster and Search hits

I don’t know about more sticky’s but I do think the search feature needs some major work.

It reminds me of search engines from 15 years ago. Type in a search and then get flooded with irrelevant information and maybe if your lucky somewhere in there you’ll find what you’re looking for.

These days it seems like Google knows what I’m thinking even before I’m finished typing in my search.

It would be a major improvement to this site if somehow the database was more organized and easier to search.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kwikfishron For This Useful Post:
cocobolo (10-09-2011), m1951mm (08-20-2011)