Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Forum Support > Site Help and Suggestions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-24-2009, 07:53 AM   #1
General Contractor

Share |

Sweet talking contractor-closed thread

Atlantic,
Why did you close this thread? Many people post problems with contractors on this site looking for help and/or advice. I don't see how this particular post is any different from some of the others I have read here. I think you should re-open the post.
ARI001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 08:53 AM   #2

To me it didn't appear that the person was really asking for help
Seemed to be just a long rant
Scuba_Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 10:05 AM   #3

I dont understand why my topic was closed? I did search to make sure their were other similar topics covered about contractor issues and there was. I thought the whole point of "DIY" was to help others in a wide varity of home improvement categories including contractor issues. I just wanted to get suggestions and opinions with a good background story to my situation.
fusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 10:27 AM   #4
Lic. Builder/GC/Remodeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARI001 View Post
Atlantic,
Why did you close this thread? Many people post problems with contractors on this site looking for help and/or advice. I don't see how this particular post is any different from some of the others I have read here. I think you should re-open the post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion View Post
I dont understand why my topic was closed? I did search to make sure their were other similar topics covered about contractor issues and there was. I thought the whole point of "DIY" was to help others in a wide varity of home improvement categories including contractor issues. I just wanted to get suggestions and opinions with a good background story to my situation.
This is a DIY oriented site. The topics revolve around questions, answers, and discussions, of doing home, and property projects - "Yourself".

It is not a place to simply complain, or vent, about a situation that has nothing to do with DIY. In this case, it's a gripe against a contracter, and bad experience (not a question, or a request for help on how to handle a situation).

This is something that the site Administrator and site Mods want to get away from, it is not the purpose of this site, which is - to stick to HELPFUL and EDUCATIONAL DIY topics.

Example: It would be inappropriate (on this site) for a contractor to come on here, and start complaining about a home owner that he feels, took advantage of him (simply for the purpose of complaining). Situations like that happen all the time, but has nothing to do with DIY projects.

Here is another example of what has been posted on here in the past (Repeated complaints about specific materials), but the administrator wants to see less of:
http://www.diychatroom.com/f2/how-si...ct-site-37099/
AtlanticWBConst. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 10:29 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuba_Dave View Post
To me it didn't appear that the person was really asking for help
Seemed to be just a long rant
Exactly.
Old 07-24-2009, 10:46 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlanticWBConst. View Post
This is a DIY oriented site. The topics revolve around questions, answers, and discussions, of doing home, and property projects - YOUR SELF.

It is not a place to complain, or vent, about a situation that has nothing to do with DIY. In this case, it's a gripe against a contracter, and bad experience.

This is something that the site Administrator and site Mods want to get away from, it is not the purpose of this site, which is - to stick to HELPFUL and EDUCATIONAL DIY topics.

This has nothing to do with DIY.

Example: It would be inappropriate (on this site) for a contractor to come on here, and start complaining about a home owner that he feels, took advantage of him. Situations like that happen all the time, but has nothing to do with DIY projects.

Here is another example of what has been posted on here in the past (Repeated complaints about specific materials), but the administrator wants to see less of:
http://www.diychatroom.com/f2/how-si...ct-site-37099/
thankyou for summing it up. How can i get my post removed?
fusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 10:49 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion View Post
thankyou for summing it up. How can i get my post removed?
Done.
Old 07-24-2009, 08:17 PM   #8
rwa

perhaps the admins and moderators would consider a "Contractor Help" site to go along with DIY and Contractor Talk ... it would keep these issues off the two sites
rwa is offline   Reply With Quote