DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (http://www.diychatroom.com/)
-   Site Feedback and Suggestions (http://www.diychatroom.com/f36/)
-   -   Sweet talking contractor-closed thread (http://www.diychatroom.com/f36/sweet-talking-contractor-closed-thread-49508/)

ARI001 07-24-2009 08:53 AM

Sweet talking contractor-closed thread
 
Atlantic,
Why did you close this thread? Many people post problems with contractors on this site looking for help and/or advice. I don't see how this particular post is any different from some of the others I have read here. I think you should re-open the post.

Scuba_Dave 07-24-2009 09:53 AM

To me it didn't appear that the person was really asking for help
Seemed to be just a long rant

fusion 07-24-2009 11:05 AM

I dont understand why my topic was closed? I did search to make sure their were other similar topics covered about contractor issues and there was. I thought the whole point of "DIY" was to help others in a wide varity of home improvement categories including contractor issues. I just wanted to get suggestions and opinions with a good background story to my situation.

AtlanticWBConst. 07-24-2009 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ARI001 (Post 306067)
Atlantic,
Why did you close this thread? Many people post problems with contractors on this site looking for help and/or advice. I don't see how this particular post is any different from some of the others I have read here. I think you should re-open the post.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fusion (Post 306103)
I dont understand why my topic was closed? I did search to make sure their were other similar topics covered about contractor issues and there was. I thought the whole point of "DIY" was to help others in a wide varity of home improvement categories including contractor issues. I just wanted to get suggestions and opinions with a good background story to my situation.

This is a DIY oriented site. The topics revolve around questions, answers, and discussions, of doing home, and property projects - "Yourself".

It is not a place to simply complain, or vent, about a situation that has nothing to do with DIY. In this case, it's a gripe against a contracter, and bad experience (not a question, or a request for help on how to handle a situation).

This is something that the site Administrator and site Mods want to get away from, it is not the purpose of this site, which is - to stick to HELPFUL and EDUCATIONAL DIY topics.

Example: It would be inappropriate (on this site) for a contractor to come on here, and start complaining about a home owner that he feels, took advantage of him (simply for the purpose of complaining). Situations like that happen all the time, but has nothing to do with DIY projects.

Here is another example of what has been posted on here in the past (Repeated complaints about specific materials), but the administrator wants to see less of:
http://www.diychatroom.com/f2/how-si...ct-site-37099/

AtlanticWBConst. 07-24-2009 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scuba_Dave (Post 306085)
To me it didn't appear that the person was really asking for help
Seemed to be just a long rant

Exactly.

fusion 07-24-2009 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AtlanticWBConst. (Post 306114)
This is a DIY oriented site. The topics revolve around questions, answers, and discussions, of doing home, and property projects - YOUR SELF.

It is not a place to complain, or vent, about a situation that has nothing to do with DIY. In this case, it's a gripe against a contracter, and bad experience.

This is something that the site Administrator and site Mods want to get away from, it is not the purpose of this site, which is - to stick to HELPFUL and EDUCATIONAL DIY topics.

This has nothing to do with DIY.

Example: It would be inappropriate (on this site) for a contractor to come on here, and start complaining about a home owner that he feels, took advantage of him. Situations like that happen all the time, but has nothing to do with DIY projects.

Here is another example of what has been posted on here in the past (Repeated complaints about specific materials), but the administrator wants to see less of:
http://www.diychatroom.com/f2/how-si...ct-site-37099/

thankyou for summing it up. How can i get my post removed?

AtlanticWBConst. 07-24-2009 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fusion (Post 306128)
thankyou for summing it up. How can i get my post removed?

Done.

rwa 07-24-2009 09:17 PM

perhaps the admins and moderators would consider a "Contractor Help" site to go along with DIY and Contractor Talk ... it would keep these issues off the two sites


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:29 PM.