Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Forum Support > Site Help and Suggestions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 06-08-2013, 12:47 PM   #1
Roofmaster

Share |

Site Changes

OK Juan, Its pretty clear from all the responses that everyone thinks the facelift to the site has been a disaster, so when are you switching back to the old style?

The girl with the paint on her arms was pissed because the site designer made her look like a noob by making her get paint all over her arms, and it shows in her expression. "If I was a man they would not have made me do that, like I don't know how to use a paint roller"

We still don't have a mandatory location requirement for posting, and I see we still don't have a place to post a trade specific glossary, so new posters can go there and learn the correct terms prior to posting.

Those things would help a lot, not a girl with painted arms.

jagans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 03:38 PM   #2
Architectural Sculptor

Site Changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagans View Post
OK Juan, Its pretty clear from all the responses that everyone thinks the facelift to the site has been a disaster, so when are you switching back to the old style?
Switch back!!! the FF open links etc in a new tab normally done with the cmd button and click is totally non functional on this site.

Quote:
We still don't have a mandatory location requirement for posting,
I don't think that should be required of anyone, not everyone wants to pinpoint their home location on a public forum, if they did they would already INCLUDE their home address in their signature.

If a change is made to require it to post, then I'm outta here, we have more than enough of "big brother" archives and lists of every aspect of our daily lives, including mortgages, home values, property taxes we pay, floor maps of our homes on county property tax web sites, google, and all the rest invading our personal information, lives and work, that's one of the reasons I have a carry permit and carry a .38- lots of nuts and fruitcakes out there with too much access to information and too much time on their hands too, we don't need it on a forum now TOO!

Last edited by RWolff; 06-08-2013 at 03:46 PM.
RWolff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 05:13 PM   #3
Roofmaster

Site Changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWolff View Post
Switch back!!! the FF open links etc in a new tab normally done with the cmd button and click is totally non functional on this site.

I don't think that should be required of anyone, not everyone wants to pinpoint their home location on a public forum, if they did they would already INCLUDE their home address in their signature.

If a change is made to require it to post, then I'm outta here, we have more than enough of "big brother" archives and lists of every aspect of our daily lives, including mortgages, home values, property taxes we pay, floor maps of our homes on county property tax web sites, google, and all the rest invading our personal information, lives and work, that's one of the reasons I have a carry permit and carry a .38- lots of nuts and fruitcakes out there with too much access to information and too much time on their hands too, we don't need it on a forum now TOO!
Thanks Wolf. I really did not mean their actual address. I meant like northeast, southwest etc. State if you need code help. I guess its not too important in some cases but it sure is in roofing. I agree with the big brother thing, and I am completely against what they have done under the guise of "Homeland Security" I mean look how successful it made them in stopping the nut case Muslims in Boston, and they were even forewarned by the Russians (They must think our CIA and FBI are jokes)

Frankly, I bet they know pretty much all there is to know about you from the magnetic strip on your credit cards. Assuming you use them.

jagans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 02:03 PM   #4
MEASURE ONCE, CUT TWICE

Site Changes

The absolute worse thing from the change is that a photo in the first post of any page makes it unable to read all of the post.

Please fix this mess!!!!!!!

My project: http://www.diychatroom.com/f49/bunga...-build-169318/
123pugsy is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 123pugsy For This Useful Post:
CENTERLINE MV (06-10-2013)
Old 06-11-2013, 11:33 AM   #5

Site Changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123pugsy View Post
The absolute worse thing from the change is that a photo in the first post of any page makes it unable to read all of the post.

Please fix this mess!!!!!!!
Why not sanction use of the "report button" (red circle) for posts such as those? The excessively wide picture should be expunged and a (text) note edited in to tell the poster to substitute a smaller picture.

Last edited by AllanJ; 06-11-2013 at 11:35 AM.
AllanJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 11:50 AM   #6
MEASURE ONCE, CUT TWICE

Site Changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllanJ View Post
Why not sanction use of the "report button" (red circle) for posts such as those? The excessively wide picture should be expunged and a (text) note edited in to tell the poster to substitute a smaller picture.
The pictures are not too big.
The problem wasn't there before and only showed up after site changes.

Shouldn't be hard to fix, it's just a matter of someone wanting to fix it, I'm sure.
If it's a case of them wanting to fix it and not knowing how to fix it, they should post that, yes that is the case and they're working on it.

Doesn't anyone running this place have anything to report about fixes coming up or not?

My project: http://www.diychatroom.com/f49/bunga...-build-169318/
123pugsy is online now   Reply With Quote