Receiving Email Notifications Despite Setting - Site Feedback and Suggestions - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Forum Support > Site Feedback and Suggestions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 02-15-2013, 06:06 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 250

Receiving email notifications despite setting

I selected "No email notification" days ago and today I'm still receiving thread update notifications.

Advertisement

Dorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 08:56 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,000

...and I have the exact opposite problem. I want the notifications but I get nothing. Somebody needs to look into the server problems.

Advertisement

Old 03-03-2013, 07:38 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 250

I discovered that some old threads were still marked instant notification in the list at Quick Links > Subscribed Threads. I checked them and selected no email notification in the drop down menu and clicked go. Then Instant notification changed to None. Hopefully it will work. I think setting "no email notification" like I originally did just applies to future subscribed threads. Notification for threads subscribed to in the past has to be turned off in the way I just discovered, for each thread.
Dorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 08:53 PM   #4
DIY staff

Rewards Points: 3,242

The system was updated about two months back----some of the older threads may still be on the old system----Juan or John will look into this soon---let us know if the problem persists---
Old 03-10-2013, 04:11 PM   #5

Rewards Points: 10

Im still waiting for my verification email. It's been weeks n I've contacted diy support n still no answer. I'm able to post but I can not add pics n if I try to click photo on my profile it says I didn't varify or my accounts dissabled or waiting activation. I wish someone would help already or tell me what I have to do. I have tried deleting app on iPhone n loading again n even made up a whole new name n signed on again n still have not received an email to activate my account. Y they letting me post things if I'm not activated ?
Ecocco1 is offline   Reply With Quote