Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Forum Support > Site Feedback and Suggestions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-06-2014, 10:51 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 2,124

Posting pictures from Photobucket

I was looking at the (excellent) Stone Veneer Firepit thread and noticed that the pictures are no longer there. Other members have commented about this in the last few posts in the thread.

This has happened in a few other older threads as well.

Would it be possible to change things so that pictures can't be uploaded from sites like Photobucket? Maybe limit it to uploading directly to a thread here?

I'll admit I don't know much at all about this kind of thing, so this could very well be a lousy idea. But it's something that I've noticed here and on another site I visit and it's disappointing to not see the pictures. I saw the pictures in the Stone Veneer Firepit thread when they were originally posted, but many people have not seen them.

gma2rjc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to gma2rjc For This Useful Post:
BigJim (08-06-2014)
Old 08-06-2014, 11:11 AM   #2
JOATMON

Rewards Points: 2,318

Image hosting sites such as Photobucket don't purge pics unless they don't meet guidelines (like ****o).

Chances are the owner of those pics deleted them or moved them.

When I first started using photobucket I was putting everything in one folder. Pretty soon it gets hard to keep track. So you make sub folders by subject.

The Op might have reorganized the pics. Doing so caused the link to not match any more.

My 2-Story Addition Build in Progress Link ... My Garage Build Link and My Jeep Build Link
ddawg16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 11:24 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 2,124

Yes, it would be easy to remove the pictures from Photobucket without thinking about how it's going to affect a thread, especially if you haven't thought about it in a long time.

Also, if there is a husband and wife on the account, one or the other might not realize that they shouldn't remove or reorganize the pictures.

Either way, it really makes it harder to follow along in the thread. To me, it's similar to one of the reasons behind removing the 'edit' button from a post 30 minutes after the post has been made here on the forum... members removing their posts from threads, causing the thread to not make sense. Look in post #6 of this thread - No edit button?

Anyway, it's not like it happens so often that it really causes much of an issue. It was just a thought.

gma2rjc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to gma2rjc For This Useful Post:
BigJim (08-07-2014)
Old 08-07-2014, 07:34 AM   #4

Rewards Points: 2,516

Pictures take up a lot of space. Space costs money on servers. It is cheaper to have a link than to store the image.