Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Forum Support > Site Feedback and Suggestions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 12-18-2008, 07:33 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 0
Share |

Post written in Chinese?

Can someone explain why some post here and other sites are written in Chinese?

hrjrkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 08:06 AM   #2

Post written in Chinese?

99 out of 100 times the person is a spammer or an automated spambot. Perhaps one out of 100 is an honest poster, but they should easily recognize that this site is an english language site. The moderators spend a very large amount of time deleting spam posts, many of which originate in China. Spammers are banned from access to the site when we find them.

When you encounter such posts, please report them using the little red and white exclamation point button on each post. It helps us keep the site free of spam.

Termite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 12:18 AM   #3

Post written in Chinese?

I have found that these same posters link to possible spam, forging, illegal activity, etc. websites best to report them asap.
rgsgww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 12:21 AM   #4
Theres more then one way.

Post written in Chinese?

Not knowing if there is any bot "protection" for posting here, the following idea works pretty well.
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:SimpleAntiSpam

A while back i created a forum extension for the MediaWiki system and coded the above idea with a slight change (used a second field and hide it via css) and it worked pretty well.

In "theory" a bot will automatically fill in any html form field it reads with-in a page and then submits it.
If you code in a blank/hiddin field in the posting/replying form and do a check after the page is submitted and find out the blank field has been filled in you know it was a bot which submitted the form and not a human (because the form field was hiddin and humans can not see it) you just reject the post and it will never be processed.
These fields (i used two in the forum i made) are hidden in DIV tags and text fields controlled via css not to show or interfear with human posting.

Its been a few years since i did any vBulletin mods/hacks... if there is not a mod for vBulletin like this and the Admin/Owner here would like, ill wip up something for you, just PM me (i would be more then happy to do this for the site here).

_

My current learning experience - 22x22 addition - Work shop, music-room, master bedroom above..
iMisspell is offline   Reply With Quote