Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Forum Support > Site Feedback and Suggestions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 06-30-2010, 03:11 PM   #1
Decorative / Faux Artisan

Rewards Points: 10

New Category suggestion

I was wondering what it would take to create a new category?

I beleive that many DIY'ers would welcome an area where they could receive free how to details and recipes for a variety of decorative finishes. Anything from venetian plaster techniques to glazes to stencilling ideas etc.

I just joined your forum and have noticed people asking questions about glazing, venetian plaster techniques, decorative painting etc. Perhaps a category dedicated to Faux Finish ideas and techniques or perhaps something similar.

I know of several artisans that would contribute valuable tips , how to's and recipes without promoting any one maunfacturer of product. Considering faux classes cost $1,600 to $1,800.00 for a week, (OUCH) getting free info and how to's might be worthwhile.

Is this a viable idea? Thanks for listening.
Luis Santiago user name BarcelonaGuy

BarcelonaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
decorative painting, faux fiinish