Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Forum Support > Site Feedback and Suggestions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 05-07-2013, 02:18 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

My first post

I have just typed a message to post, but halfway through, the typing stopped displaying as I typed, so some of the message is not in post, can anyone advise or comment please.

frenchman69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 11:22 AM   #2
Floor Installer

Rewards Points: 154

My first post

You have to beg forgiveness from the computer Gods. And offer a human sacrifice. (or send donuts to the mods).

sam floor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 11:50 AM   #3
JOATMON

Rewards Points: 2,474

My first post

Make sure you don't have a loose nut behind the keyboard. And donuts work well to appease the computer gods.....

On a more serious note....make sure you check the "Keep me Logged In" box....depending on your browser, some will bump you out when you least expect it.

Also, if it happens again, make sure you don't have a pop up that lost the focus because you were typing. It's one of the 'undocumented' features in windows...if you have a window message that pops up with the condition of being 'on top' and you don't ack it...and you click somewhere else (as when typing)...that window is now on top...but, the hidden one still has the focus...your keystrokes are going to it...but you don't see it....it's an API issue....

Do and Alt Tab and cycle through your windows until you see the pop up...that will usually fix it.

My 2-Story Addition Build in Progress Link ... My Garage Build Link and My Jeep Build Link
ddawg16 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ddawg16 For This Useful Post:
frenchman69 (05-08-2013)