Mark All Forums Read - Site Feedback and Suggestions - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Forum Support > Site Feedback and Suggestions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 06-18-2013, 02:42 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 3,470

mark all forums read

How come when I mark all forums read it takes me away from the forums page instead of coming back and showing all the forums marked as read?

Advertisement

Old 06-18-2013, 04:34 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 562

mark all forums read

It was part of the site upgrade.

I hate it too, it's a PITA. I have a keyword set in Firefox to pull up the new post link but I like it the old way.

Advertisement

Old 06-18-2013, 08:33 PM   #3
Architectural Sculptor

Rewards Points: 500

mark all forums read

Quote:
Originally Posted by djlandkpl View Post
It was part of the site upgrade.

I hate it too, it's a PITA. I have a keyword set in Firefox to pull up the new post link but I like it the old way.
You mean the new forum downgrade

They want everyone to see the page with the "helpless female" who is so dim she can't figure out how to use a paint roller, manages to get paint all over her arms and more, and I suppose the message is she needed a MAAAAN to show her how to run a roller right or something.
RWolff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 08:51 PM   #4
Remodel and New Build GC

Rewards Points: 2,216

mark all forums read

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWolff View Post
You mean the new forum downgrade

They want everyone to see the page with the "helpless female" who is so dim she can't figure out how to use a paint roller, manages to get paint all over her arms and more, and I suppose the message is she needed a MAAAAN to show her how to run a roller right or something.
It's crazy... but I think being the site designer/programmer is kind of a similar job to being on the building code (IRC,UPC,NEC,State etc) commission job.

Think about it... If you are not changing something... you don't have a job.

EDIT: Wollfy... I had to go back and look at your reference to the helpless female.... that's how memorable the "homepage" or site-page was to me.

Last edited by MTN REMODEL LLC; 06-18-2013 at 08:56 PM.
MTN REMODEL LLC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 09:38 AM   #5

Rewards Points: 500

mark all forums read

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTN REMODEL LLC View Post
It's crazy... but I think being the site designer/programmer is kind of a similar job to being on the building code (IRC,UPC,NEC,State etc) commission job.

Think about it... If you are not changing something... you don't have a job.
Haha, very true. I don't think the designers of the site in any way MEANT to downgrade, and I'm sure when people give them CONSTRUCTIVE criticisms they take them into account. I imagine (and hope, considering how over-the-top and childish it is) that most of the complaining is just ignored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWolff View Post
Wow, is that a dim view on things. As t hey say, how someone interprets art says far more about the person viewing it than it does the person who made it.
TheBobmanNH is offline   Reply With Quote