DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (http://www.diychatroom.com/)
-   Site Help and Suggestions (http://www.diychatroom.com/f36/)
-   -   HOW TO POST A LINK for dummies (http://www.diychatroom.com/f36/how-post-link-dummies-169132/)

ToolSeeker 01-14-2013 05:40 PM

HOW TO POST A LINK for dummies
 
Used the search could not find
How to post a link from another site. Go to the tread ( new ceiling need your vote)and you can see what happened. The info came over but you can't click on it.
And how do you put a pic or some other little thingy under your name.

TheEplumber 01-14-2013 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToolSeeker (Post 1093545)
Used the search could not find
How to post a link from another site. Go to the tread ( new ceiling need your vote)and you can see what happened. The info came over but you can't click on it.
And how do you put a pic or some other little thingy under your name.

I just copy and paste the address from the linked page.
To add a picture- go to your user control panel- click "user cp" in the bar located above these posts. In the left hand column click on "edit avatar"
Hope thats what you're looking for

oh'mike 01-14-2013 05:59 PM

The easiest way that I have found to post a link---

Book mark it---then start your post---when ready to post the link--
-click on your book marks
--then RIGHT click on the link--
--Click on COPY---
--Return to your post---left click on the location you want it
--Right click--then click on PASTE--

Korean Love Affair - Archaeology Magazine Archive

Try it and tell me if it works for you---Google images are easy to COPY and PASTE also---

ToolSeeker 01-14-2013 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheEplumber (Post 1093557)
I just copy and paste the address from the linked page.
To add a picture- go to your user control panel- click "user cp" in the bar located above these posts. In the left hand column click on "edit avatar"
Hope thats what you're looking for

I tried the copy and paste but when it came over you couldn't click on it.

TheEplumber 01-14-2013 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToolSeeker (Post 1093567)
I tried the copy and paste but when it came over you couldn't click on it.

Hmm. maybe a browser thing- I use chrome

ToolSeeker 01-14-2013 06:31 PM

I just did Mike's and it did the same thing came over but you can't click on it. I'm on safari but I can go to chrome.

ToolSeeker 01-14-2013 06:41 PM

Am trying it in chrome http://www.google.com/search?q=home+...hrome&ie=UTF-8.
Hey it worked in chrome Thanks.
Now about the avatar what I want is a design on my business card. Do I need to take a pic of it with iPhone then transfer to computer then cut and paste the same way.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:32 AM.


Copyright 2003-2014 Escalate Media LP. All Rights Reserved