Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Forum Support > Site Feedback and Suggestions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-16-2012, 01:12 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 266

Attach photo to post question

Just saw the how-to post today

How to attach a photo to a post

and also just posted/uploaded photos for new posts made today, got a question:

the how-to states files must be 100kb in size or smaller. I uploaded pretty large photos and it seemed like it worked fine.

So is that a typo, a recommended guideline for size, or really a requirement? Because it didn't block/fail my upload and posting of photo.

Or does the system downsize the photo to right filesize as needed. Unfortunately, I read the how-to after posting with some photos so didn't get to check photo file size. Think we should update the how-to to clarify this.

daluu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 10:17 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,000

Attach photo to post question

Somebody will, no doubt, correct me if I'm wrong, but my experience is that the system will not accept over the size limits set out.

I've snapped with an Adroid phone camera and had to resize the photo to get the site to accept it. Not to mention the learning curve of getting the photo to post in portrait

I've snapped with a blackberry phone camera and have not had to adjust it. Blackberry was always easier to use IMO. It seems to compress the files automatically. Emails and texts are quicker too. (in my experience)

So either you used a Blackberry and didn't have to check or you got lucky and had the right size to begin with.

creeper is offline   Reply With Quote