Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Forum Support > Site Help and Suggestions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 02-20-2014, 01:27 PM   #1

Share |

Ads covering posts

Is it just me or have others had problems with ads popping up and covering some posts so you can't read it?

Wench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 02:03 PM   #2

Ads covering posts

No, it's not just you. Some are having this issue. It is being addressed

Please nominate your favorite project!!

TheEplumber is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TheEplumber For This Useful Post:
del schisler (05-03-2014)
Old 02-20-2014, 05:55 PM   #3

Ads covering posts

Glad to know, I've been deleting cookies, data etc. because I didn't have this problem before. Now I can stop researching what may be wrong with my ipad :-)
Old 03-18-2014, 01:34 PM   #4

Ads covering posts

It's fine on my computer, I have the problems on my I pad and I phone. Lately it's been o.k. on my I pad but still bad on my I phone. Drives me crazy because the ads will cover up half of a post and I cant read it or remove the ad.
Old 03-18-2014, 06:38 PM   #5

Ads covering posts

I think it has something to do with a person's video settings. I keep reading people complaining about ads covering the posts, but on my computer its fine. I am running Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 7 and an NVIDEA video card that's probably different from 99.99% of other users. The only time the ads start overlapping the posts is when I turn up the zoom beyond 250%.
Not saying its a problem with your computer. If the Chatroom's software presents the posts properly on only 90% of the member's screens, then the problem is with the Chatroom's software.
SPS-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 09:26 PM   #6

Ads covering posts

Ok, now posts are disapearing. Today gselectrical posted on this thead that's why I responded.....now it's gone?????
Old 03-31-2014, 10:33 AM   #7

Unhappy

Ads covering posts

I get an ad covering the post on the right-hand side and below it a "Pictures" box (regardless of the thread I'm viewing). Am using Firefox under Windows 7 Starter on an Acer Aspire One.
Ed Ferris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 11:02 AM   #8

Ads covering posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Ferris View Post
I get an ad covering the post on the right-hand side and below it a "Pictures" box (regardless of the thread I'm viewing). Am using Firefox under Windows 7 Starter on an Acer Aspire One.
That's everything I use on my laptop and it's an Acer but I haven't had a problem on that....yet. But I use my iPad or iPhone most of the time.
Old 03-31-2014, 04:13 PM   #9
An old Tradesmen

Ads covering posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wench View Post
Ok, now posts are disapearing. Today gselectrical posted on this thead that's why I responded.....now it's gone?????
His post is gone because it was a spam post.
Old 05-02-2014, 07:12 AM   #10

Ads covering posts

I still have a problem with ads covering up the just the original post and the one immediately underneath it. But once I "officially" log in (i.e. user name and password) the problem disappears. Hmmmm....

DIYRemodeler is offline   Reply With Quote