DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   Tools (
-   -   Using a paint gun (

clark77494 08-14-2011 11:41 AM

Using a paint gun
I Just purchased a Husky gravity feed spray gun (HDS580). There is no instructions on how to thin the paint either in the manual or on the Glidden paint can. I got a high gloss white, water based paint in a 1 Quart can. And I'm painting an entertainment center that I made using cabinet grade lumber.

Jackofall1 08-14-2011 12:04 PM

Welcome clark77494, to the best darn DIY'r site on the web.

I believe to thin a water based paint for spraying you would use a product called Floetrol and thinning instructions will be included with that product.

Make sure you are primed, etch sanded and tacked prior to spraying out the finish, personally I would go with an oil based product for better results.

I have never used it (Floetrol), just picked this info up reading through many posts.

I am sure there will be others which may add more insight.


clark77494 08-14-2011 12:27 PM

I just looked up Floetrol on the Home Depot website. It looks like it will do the trick. Thank you for your help.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:33 AM.

vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1