Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Equipment & Safety > Tools

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-20-2013, 08:03 PM   #1

Share |

Tongue and Groove Pine paneling

Hello,
I am remodeling my gameroom with tongue and groove pine wood boards and 1/4 log paneling to give it a log cabin look. My question is, can I use my regular air nailer for this or do I need an "Angle nailer" or "Tongue and Groove" nailer?

Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 08:41 AM   #2

Going to need a better understanding of what your trying to nail up the T & G you can use a pneumatic narrow crown staple gun with 1-1/4 staples. And just predrill and face nail the ones on the ends if you have to with finish nails.
Not sure what the 1/4 log paneling looks like or how thick it is. I've seen 1/4 logs but not in the form of paneling.
Which direction are you installing this? If it's horizontal make sure you hit the studs.
If it's vertical then you need some form or strapping running horizontal or first cover the wall with plywood.
I always prefinish the wood before installing it so as it expands and contracts you do not see the gaps showing at the joints.

Old 10-21-2013, 05:41 PM   #3

Here is the site of what I am going to install.

http://www.skylinewoods.com/Log_Siding.htm
Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote