Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Equipment & Safety > Tools

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 12-09-2011, 10:35 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 0
Share |

Thumbs up Milwaukee M12 tools

I've put enough mileage on two Milwaukee M12 that I bought at the start of the renovation that I'm now pushing to finish that I feel comfortable recommending them. I've been a Milwaukee fan for a long time and my 10 year old 12v had finally screwed it's last screw.

I got a combo kit which included the M12 driver/drill and the M12 impact driver and an extra battery for a total of three with some rebate coupon. Both drills are built like little tanks and have survived a bunch of abuse over the last few months with nary a scratch.

Both units fit very comfortably in big hands and are relatively compact. They are surprisingly heavy which, while comforting from a quality perspective, does weight on you during a full day of work.

They both get a lot of work done per charge and the batteries charge up within 30 minutes or so. With two batteries I never had any down time even when using the drill intensively.

The driver drill has a great chuck and easy to use clutch and selector between drill, driver, and hammer. Easy forward/reverse toggle right above the drigger and high/low speed selector on top.

The impact driver was a real life saver, getting screws into the old super-hard pine framing of my 1925 house. While an 18v impact would have been quicker, there was nothing that the little M12 could not do when given a few more seconds to hammer away.

Both tools have a light which is a huge help in hanging cabinets or working generally where it's dark. I even found myself reaching for the drill when I needed a quick light in a corner. Tap the trigger and you get 3-4 seconds of light.

Downside of both tools is no belt clip! You'll need a holster if you need to keep it handy on your hip

I just noticed that HD has a deal where they are throwing in an M12 multi-tool to the combo kit. That makes what was a good deal pretty extraordinary. All three for $199, when each sells for like $125 individually, is hard to beat:

http://www.homedepot.com/Tools-Hardw...atalogId=10053

Ironlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 12:11 PM   #2

I'll second that. I started with the M12 multitool and really enjoyed it. While I was in Home Depot on Black Friday looking for a hammerdrill add on I noticed they had the M12 hammerdrill, Impact, and Multitool for $199. Snatched that and returned the multitool.

The hammerdrill is very handy and the impact works great. As does the multitool. Only thing is the batteries don't last long in the multitool but from what I gather that's the same with all cordless multitools.

I love the M12 tools!

itguy08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 01:23 PM   #3
Maintenance

My just came in the mail.
When i saw the ad I put my 12v pc up for sale. The oscillating tool accepts most attachment from different companies. Dremel attachments suppose to work with the adapter.
Steven B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 01:35 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven B View Post
My just came in the mail.
When i saw the ad I put my 12v pc up for sale. The oscillating tool accepts most attachment from different companies. Dremel attachments suppose to work with the adapter.
It does. The adapter is double sided and I have a couple Dremel blades that work flawlessly with it.
itguy08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 05:10 PM   #5
Maintenance

The also like the amount of tools you can get from Milwaukee. Not just your simple drill & impact driver set.
I'm looking at adding the flashlight, temp sensor and the plumbing camera to my set. Would like to get all of them, not sure if my pocket is deep enough.
Steven B is offline   Reply With Quote