Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Equipment & Safety > Tools

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-30-2011, 08:20 PM   #1

Share |

taking part a Laser Level

I spent some time pulling apart an old laser levels, and was trying to figure out if it has a Red laser diodes that are almost certainly the most typical kinds of diodes used in the lower end outdoor laser levels or perhaps a 630nm Helium-neon laser I'm sure the wave they work at either 650nm or 630 - 635nm probably not sure which one. I though it would be an open diode but it really appears like it is closed since these have some form of casing around the diode which means at least it has some protection.

The beam of light is real small and intense Maybe its a diode pumped solid state laser (DPSS) - I do believe these laser beams work at more or less 670nm or 680nm. They've got higher beam quality and narrower spectral bandwidth. Overall the standard and brightness is a lot more finer than the lower nm beams. xxxxxxxxxxxx shoot a beam of light that can be used as a visible chalk line whenever a direct and even location point is required.

The size for the beam of light will depend on the size of the diode. In this instance, smaller is much better a smaller beam of light is extra precise. Having a wider beam of light, the actual point of "level" may be placed anywhere inside the width of the ray. So I think because of this, thxxxxxxxxx is so little and presice in order to get a very precise measurement.

Right now I've the laser diode out of the casing I now need to choose what I'm going to do with it now I have it, I want think of a entertaining mission to get my teeth into, has anyone made some cool and entertaining stuff with a extra construction laser level beam

Last edited by oh'mike; 09-30-2011 at 08:51 PM. Reason: removed advertising
pwilson2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 08:57 PM   #2
DIY Hack

taking part a Laser Level

you can make a low lever laser treatment for erectile dysfunction

check out instructables.com they have all kinds of cool projects ( and this one^ too)

Tags
laser level