Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Equipment & Safety > Tools

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-18-2011, 02:31 PM   #1

Share |

Staple Gun

Hi All,

I just purchased an Arrow T50 R.E.D. staple gun and it seems to be working very well most of the time. However, approximately 10-15% of the time it fires without shooting a staple out.

Is this normal or should I return it for another?

Thank you,
Bob

Bob Guercio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 02:42 PM   #2

Staple Gun

I would return it. Mine did that for a while, and then got quickly worse for relaibility - to about 50/50.

ptarmigan61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 12:52 PM   #3

Staple Gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptarmigan61 View Post
I would return it. Mine did that for a while, and then got quickly worse for relaibility - to about 50/50.
Thank you.

I'm having a tough time getting a staple gun that I'm satisfied with.

My first try was the Arrow T50 R.E.D. which shot blanks about 20% of the time and was the reason for initiating this thread. I returned it and went to Sears to purchase the Craftsman Professional Stapler/Brad Nailer, Heavy-Duty, EasyFire™ Forward Action™ with Rapid-Fire. This initially worked fine but suddenly a spring that is part of the mechanism fell out when I was loading brads. I returned it and took another one off the shelf and decided to try it out right in the store. I noticed an intermittent delay of about a second before the staple was shot out. The salesperson said this was normal but I wasn't so sure and just cancelled the order.

I would like to purchase a staple gun but I'm a bit hesitant for obvious reasons.

I understand that the internal stresses of this tool are tremendous so I'm wondering if I'm expecting too much from it?

Thanks,

Bob
Bob Guercio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 01:52 PM   #4
the Musigician

Staple Gun

I've never had a problem with my Arrow T-50 except when the wife brought home some generic staples......
THEN it misfired and gave me grief amost every other staple....
***cheap made in "you know where" crap***
Only use Arrow staples in the Arrow gun and you should be fine.
Look on CL or at yard sales for an older one like this if need be, the older ones were built to last practically forever....
(I also have 2 of the front pushers, a crappy one I got as a gift, and a Powershot, which is ok... but I'm old fashioned, I guess... I like this one. It's shiny. )

DM
Attached Thumbnails
Staple Gun-arrow-t-50.jpg  
Old 04-19-2011, 09:50 PM   #5

Staple Gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Guercio View Post
Thank you.

I'm having a tough time getting a staple gun that I'm satisfied with.

My first try was the Arrow T50 R.E.D. which shot blanks about 20% of the time and was the reason for initiating this thread. I returned it and went to Sears to purchase the Craftsman Professional Stapler/Brad Nailer, Heavy-Duty, EasyFire™ Forward Action™ with Rapid-Fire. This initially worked fine but suddenly a spring that is part of the mechanism fell out when I was loading brads. I returned it and took another one off the shelf and decided to try it out right in the store. I noticed an intermittent delay of about a second before the staple was shot out. The salesperson said this was normal but I wasn't so sure and just cancelled the order.

I would like to purchase a staple gun but I'm a bit hesitant for obvious reasons.

I understand that the internal stresses of this tool are tremendous so I'm wondering if I'm expecting too much from it?

Thanks,

Bob
I don't think so...that's what they were designed to do. I ended up buying a PowerShot....excellent reliability so far.
Old 04-19-2011, 09:55 PM   #6

Staple Gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerMouse View Post
I've never had a problem with my Arrow T-50 except when the wife brought home some generic staples......
THEN it misfired and gave me grief amost every other staple....
***cheap made in "you know where" crap***
Only use Arrow staples in the Arrow gun and you should be fine.
Look on CL or at yard sales for an older one like this if need be, the older ones were built to last practically forever....
(I also have 2 of the front pushers, a crappy one I got as a gift, and a Powershot, which is ok... but I'm old fashioned, I guess... I like this one. It's shiny. )

DM
I'm with you...the one that died on me was three years old. I have one that's 30 here in town.
The new one was at the lake. ( I always have one at the lake for projects)