Snapper Snow Blower - Tools - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Equipment & Safety > Tools

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 12-22-2009, 03:24 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Snapper Snow Blower

How do you replace belts on a dual stage 10HP Snapper snow blower? I took off inspection cover. How to you remove the shaft to get the new belts on? Where do you separate?

Advertisement

craigconner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 04:08 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 610

Snapper Snow Blower

For the larger snow blowers I've worked on, there are 4 bolts (2 per side and by the drive wheels) which hold the front and rear assemblies together. You need to remove the top bolt on each side and loosen the bottom one to allow the two halves to split. Be careful not to damage your cables. Once split you may have to unbolt an idler pulley, remove a cable...

You should try an get a manual online to confirm.

Advertisement

Old 12-23-2009, 08:59 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 25

Snapper Snow Blower

Mine had 3 bolts per size. Its saperates the engine and impeller snow thrower section apart. The drive belt has to be moved to saperate them.

note if you decide to drop it from the top do not their is a brake setup which the belt has to go under.this can only can be done when the things are saperate.If not the belt will shread it 2 minutes.

its very simple.
satz is offline   Reply With Quote