Sliding Miter Opinions, Specifically Makita LS1016L - Tools - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Equipment & Safety > Tools

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 02-09-2014, 07:27 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 75

Sliding miter opinions, specifically Makita LS1016L

I currently have a solid Dewalt DW703 that has served my needs adequately for 8 years or so. Lately I've felt the need to purchase a slider and I've been eyeing the Makita LS1016L .

The new saws primary use will be for trim work( base, casing and crown)...thats as much as the Dewalt is used for I guess. I generally cut dimensional lumber with my worm drive, although if the miter is nearby, I'll use it too.

I have a deck build coming up when the weather gets better and what seems like miles of trim in the interim, just to give you an idea of some intended uses.

I haven't used the Makita yet but I have tons of their tools and I don't think there is a bad one in the bunch. That and online reviews have led me to feel comfortable purchasing the Makita slider.

Before I buy, what are your opinions of this saw vs other comparable models? What about the stand it is commonly paired with?

Thanks!
Jon

Advertisement

jponto07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 01:29 PM   #2
journeyman carpenter

Rewards Points: 2,140

Sliding miter opinions, specifically Makita LS1016L

the guys that i know who have the makita love it, one big difference between the makita`s and other brands is the weight.. its much lighter than other saws especially the new bosch axial glide

ive owned hitachi, bosch and now milwuakee,, bosch makes a great saw along with the milwaukee i currently own. had i not bought the milwuakee i was going to get the makita however the only store that carries the dual compound makita didnt have any in stock at the time

Advertisement

woodworkbykirk is offline   Reply With Quote