DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Review: Makita LS1016L Compound Sliding Mitre Saw and Makita 2704 Table Saw w/ Stand

9K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  wnabcptrNH 
#1 ·
Hey All
SO I recently purchased both a Makita CSMR(Compound Sliding Mitre Saw) and a Makita 2704 Table Saw with the hydraulic assist stand with wheels. All information is my opinion and mine only.

Makita CSMR
This saw is GREAT. It is quiet, smooth, cuts great! I had not used it a lot but the few times I have used it have been a great experience. I am coming from using craftsman (homeowners crap) stuff so this stuff is soo much better. It is versatile, and I have never used a saw quite like this. I would suggest this to any homeowner or contractor alike.

Makita 2704 Table Saw
Now this tool I have used more extensively. I have used it for finish work, rough rips, cutting plywood, cutting 2x4's, 1x material etc. This saw has got some serious balls and its smooth and the best table saw I have ever used. The hydraulic stand is great. It does not assist with the lift up very much but helps coming on the way down since the saw is heavier than a small homeowners type.

I love both of these. I just picked up a Makita Magnesium Hypoid saw and will update this when I have a review on that!:thumbup:

See less See more
#6 ·
Thanks Pali, Its been a good truck great gas mileage and comfortable ride! The makita mitersaw is holding up great!! im glad i didnt get the kapex as i hear alot of problems with grinding nioses and laser malfunctions!!

The makita has been great is been about 6 months and still sharp as a and acurate as the day it came out of a box!! The only thing now i see alot on ebay for around $475 but thats to be expected as i bought mine the first day i saw it at a home center!:yes:

#7 ·
I got the table saw for 500 and the mitre saw for 400 both BRAND NEW! Craigslist is you friend and I got lucky! The mitre saw I bought from a cop who bought it to fix some siding and got up the roof and got scared so he sold it for 179 less than he bought it for. Sold it in 12 hours though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.