Ramset Cobra Jammed - Tools - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Equipment & Safety > Tools

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-19-2010, 10:31 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 500

Ramset Cobra Jammed

I have a jammed Ramset Cobra with a broken piston which has been removed from the gun and several live loads still inside.
I have disassembled the handle however the front barrel pawl only pivots slightly but will not release.
I need some pointers on dismantling safely and overhauling with a new piston. Is there any other damage I should be looking for...and what is the safest way to remove the charge caps.
BTW I didn't damage it, I bought it this way for $10 and its time to use it soon.

Advertisement

Chemist1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 10:44 AM   #2

Ramset Cobra Jammed

If you have any broken or damaged parts I would take it to a ramset/redhead dealer for service as they are trained to fix and or repair there tools. But if you want to try it yourself then check this out: http://www.itwconstruction.ca/files/manuals/Cobra_Manual.pdf

Advertisement

epson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 12:52 PM   #3

Ramset Cobra Jammed

Thanks I have that info sheet and parts available for $42 for the piston, but the repair depot siad it would be at least $90 for the part and I could buy a new gun for $150 on sale at Home Depot...Not sure what HD that is.
Chemist1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 09:17 AM   #4
DIY Hack

Rewards Points: 504

Ramset Cobra Jammed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemist1961 View Post
I have a jammed Ramset Cobra with a broken piston which has been removed from the gun and several live loads still inside.
I have disassembled the handle however the front barrel pawl only pivots slightly but will not release.
I need some pointers on dismantling safely and overhauling with a new piston. Is there any other damage I should be looking for...and what is the safest way to remove the charge caps.
BTW I didn't damage it, I bought it this way for $10 and its time to use it soon.
I am confused, can't you just pull the strip out? It's been a while since I've had one of these apart, but it's pretty easy. There is a big clip you need to pop off, then pull out the piece the clip was holding in, and the whole barrel assemble will come right out. I used to be able to change pistons on these in minutes.
Old 10-20-2010, 09:24 AM   #5
DIY Hack

Rewards Points: 504

Ramset Cobra Jammed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemist1961 View Post
Thanks I have that info sheet and parts available for $42 for the piston, but the repair depot siad it would be at least $90 for the part and I could buy a new gun for $150 on sale at Home Depot...Not sure what HD that is.
I may have a new piston that will fit this gun. I know it fits the Hilti version of this gun. PM me with your address and I'll ship it to you