Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Equipment & Safety > Tools

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-15-2007, 08:09 PM   #1

Share |
Question

Porter Cable FR350 bad driver blade?

My Porter Cable FR350 framing nailer is on the fritz. I had a couple of jams that required removing the magazine to clear. Now, the driver blade (the part that pushes the nail into the wood) comes out very slowly and then doesn't spring back into the head. It has virtually no power behind it. It will break a nail out of the strip but then barely pushes it beyond the nose.

I'm looking for tips on what's wrong before I spring for the repair kits. I've seen two, the 60074 Overhaul Kit and the 60027 Driver Maintenance Kit. I'd just like to know a bit more about what I need before I go spending $50 on each kit (they contain different parts and I'd rather not buy both just to figure out which I need).

Thanks in advance,
Tim

timp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 07:57 PM   #2
Custom Cabinet Maker

not knowing i would call PC, they would be able to answer and it is a free call
Jack

skymaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 07:54 AM   #3

Thanks Jack. I learned over the weekend that there's a Porter Cable repair center on the other side of town from me. I'll give them a call and ask for parts advice.

Tim
Old 09-17-2007, 03:56 PM   #4
Custom Cabinet Maker

Tim; in the whole big picture usually cheaper to just let em fix it if it is worth fixin. This way if it breaks again soon after THEY own the problem
Old 09-19-2007, 07:35 AM   #5

Thanks skymaster. Sage advice I'm sure.

I don't mean to start problems but I feel the need to let people know about the really bad service I got when I called the local B&D/DeWalt/Porter-Cable repair center. The guy that answered was rude and dismissive. He actually laughed at me that I would ask for parts advice. I was so mad I hung up on him in mid-sentence. I tried sending some feedback to those companies via their web sites but none of their contact forms work. I guess they don't want business or input from their customers.

They won't get my service business even if it means tossing this nailer and buying a new one. I called a local outfit (Jackson Saw & Knife) and they were helpful. The guy there gave me some tips on what to check. If the problem isn't obvious once I get the nailer disassembled, I'll just have them fix it. I'll also buy parts from them rather than looking for a cheap source on the 'net.

Tim
Old 09-19-2007, 06:41 PM   #6
Custom Cabinet Maker

Tim: go to the web, PC website i dont have link :{ however go there, get customer service 800 number,CALL THEM tell what happened believe me they will straighten out their ass and probably fix gun for FREE. Company is in Jackson Tenn.
Old 05-20-2009, 05:04 PM   #7

I had this same thing just happen to me. I have the fr350 nailer and I removed the rear cover to find that the piston stop part # 886151 had been crushed inside. It's a plastic piece that looks like gas cap. It was actually in about 300 pieces literally. It cost about 16.00 at Porter Cable. This should fix your problem. The only bad thing is they were unable to tell me why it happened. Possibly needed to add oil more often. Hope this helps!

atrueba is offline   Reply With Quote