Portable Table Saw Stand - Tools - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Equipment & Safety > Tools

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 12-03-2005, 12:02 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Portable table saw stand

I have a Craftsman 10 inch table saw and i would like to purchase or build a portale stand for the saw. Everyting i find will not work with my Craftsman table saw. The modle # of my saw is 113.298142. I have spoke with Craftsman and they state that i would need to buy a whole new setup but my saw is still in great shape and i would like to keep it. Can any one give me any sugestions where i can find a portable table saw stand that will work with my saw or give me some ideas on how to build my own portable stand.

Thanks,
Mike.

Advertisement

baldeagle51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 08:01 AM   #2
Tired, Cold, and Damp

Rewards Points: 2,000

Portable table saw stand

Not sure if there's what you want in here, might be worth a look
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/156...lance&n=283155
Also
Is it the base size that's the problem?
Could you make a plywood base adapter, attach the saw to it, and the adapter to the stand?

Advertisement

slickshift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 02:38 PM   #3
walt1122

Rewards Points: 198

Portable table saw stand

Guy at Sears is not looking very hard. I just pulled up your model number 113.298142 and that is a very simple base. I have a base just like it at home. It is holding up my booster pump for my water system. You should be a ble to find something like it at a Sears clearance center or make one out of a couple of saw horses. I have a very old Craftsman saw probably from the 50's that I got a t a flea market and I'm trying to put a set of wheels under it so it is more portable. The saw has got to weigh in at over 200 poubds with motor and extensions. I have to use an engine hoist to lift it by myself. So you should be able to make something work for you if you look around or give it some thought. I just went on E-bay and I think I saw one for you for sale. Try 280586303298.

Walt
walt1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 09:04 PM   #4
homeowner learning quick

Rewards Points: 75

Portable table saw stand

you could also go multi functional and use a piece of plywood for the base and the Rockwell Jawhorse to hold the plywood base with your saw on it. Rockwell also makes a saw base accessory for the jaw horse but that will add another $50 to the cost. You can pick up the jawhorse on ebay for around $140 shipped and it is supposed to be an excellent portable clamping device to boot
whataboutj is offline   Reply With Quote