Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Equipment & Safety > Tools

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 06-28-2013, 08:33 AM   #1

Share |

Ordering replacement parts

The blade guard holder on my Rigid tablesaw broke, I did a web search and ordered a new part from 1 800 tool repair. 2 weeks passed and no new part. So I sent an email, which was not answered. 2 days passed and I sent another email, through their website. I got a response that the part was being drop shipped by Rigid and I would get it in a few days.

IS there a better way to order repair parts? Over 2 weeks seems a bit excessive. JIm

jjrbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 01:29 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrbus View Post
The blade guard holder on my Rigid tablesaw broke, I did a web search and ordered a new part from 1 800 tool repair. 2 weeks passed and no new part. So I sent an email, which was not answered. 2 days passed and I sent another email, through their website. I got a response that the part was being drop shipped by Rigid and I would get it in a few days.

IS there a better way to order repair parts? Over 2 weeks seems a bit excessive. JIm
try this comp. http://www.ereplacementparts.com/

del schisler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 07:31 PM   #3
journeyman carpenter

a few days typically means a few days for it to be processed, then another few days for it to actually get sent out. then the time for it to ship which will vary depending on the method of shipping and it was express shipped

as for ereplacement parts,, they will definitely be able to get you the part but my experience with them. it took 3 1/2 weeks. and roughly the same when i had to get some parts direct from bosch
woodworkbykirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 02:23 PM   #4

Well this is going great. 3 weeks and 2 days and UPS shows up with the wrong part! I double checked and I gave the right part number, the invoice shows the right part number. But the part is wrong.

I called their 800 number and no one is available to take my call. So sent an email. Holiday week, this should go well.
JIm
Old 07-02-2013, 08:12 PM   #5

I've had similar experience with e-replacementparts. Good selection, good prices, takes a few weeks.
Not usually a problem for me just doing DIY. The one time I actually took a tool in to get repaired it still took over 2 weeks & cost 60-something bucks for a blade clamp on a recip saw. Later I looked up the part: $6-7. Wished I'd just DIY'd after all.
You could try eBay.

Last edited by midwestcoast; 07-02-2013 at 08:20 PM.
midwestcoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 10:31 PM   #6

Thanks for the responses.

I sent an Email to them and late this afternoon got a very apologetic call from customer service. They told me they had contacted Rigid and the part would be direct shipped from Rigid to me. If I do not have the part Friday I am to contact CS again and it will be taken care of.

So here I am, upset that it has taken over 3 weeks, yet happy someone is trying to do right by me. I guess that in the grand design of things it is not that big a deal.
JIm
Old 07-11-2013, 08:29 PM   #7

So here it is 4 weeks from original order, 1 week from promised replacement part and nothing. They will not answer my calls or respond to my emails! Glad I do not need this tool for a living. JIm
Old 07-16-2013, 09:25 AM   #8

Now 5 weeks from original order, had to come back and check name supplied by woodworkbykirk to order again. Will order today 7/16 and keep you posted.

Will also try credt card company to get charge refunded. JIm
Old 07-16-2013, 09:19 PM   #9
journeyman carpenter

get them to track the shipment.. they might have sent it to the wrong address... the last time i ordered parts i recieved two packages.. one had nothing to do with me when i opened the slip that envelope was supposed to have gone to someeone like 3000 kms away from me
woodworkbykirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 09:07 AM   #10

Good idea, but they will not answer the phone, return voicemail's or respond to emails! I do not like to use my saw without the bladeguard on so have ordered from ereplacement.
JIm
Old 07-18-2013, 04:33 PM   #11

%%$#@!!& Now the part from 800 tool repair shows up!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-19-2013, 07:54 PM   #12

I emailed ereplacement and asked if I could cancel my order. They said I could and will refund my money in a couple days. So they will be my choice from now on. HTH JIm