DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   Tools (
-   -   Need part for Craftsman Jointer (

sherlock 10-07-2007 05:51 PM

Need part for Craftsman Jointer
I recently purchased a Craftsman Jointer on eBay. It works, but has a damaged part, which the Sears parts people tell me is no longer available, so I'm wondering if anyone has a broken one laying around that I could scavenge for parts. It's about 10 years old, is a model number 149.23628, and the specific part is the chip chute.

Can anyone help?

Jeekinz 10-08-2007 10:49 AM

I couldn't even find that model. Are you sure it's the correct number? Do you have a photo of the part and the jointer?

mdlbldrmatt135 10-09-2007 04:20 PM

are you sure it isn;t somethign that could be fabricated out of sheetmetal or plastic?

sherlock 10-13-2007 01:56 PM

Here's a picture of the jointer and the broken part.

Received the owners manual today, and was able to get the actual part numbers, but the sears website says they are unavailable. Chip chute number is 4540-042-70.

As you can see from the photo of the chip chute, the top piece of sheet metal has been peeled back like an anchovy can. I believe I can just cut off that piece of damaged sheet metal and it will work, but I would rather have the original part for safety's sake.

Jeekinz 10-19-2007 09:38 AM

Straighten it out and bring it to an auto body shop to get tack welded.

wbrnnr 11-11-2007 10:24 PM

I have one like yours and I need a motor the machine looks like new so i hate to part it out.could you contact me if you find someone with parts.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:19 PM.

vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1