DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Nail Gun

6K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  vinnyb76 
#1 · (Edited)
I have a Paslode nail gun and when I pull the trigger the hammer comes out but it will not strip a nail. Any one can help me?? It is a framing gun
liljohn

#2 ·
#3 ·
I have a Paslode nail gun and when I pull the trigger the hammer comes out but it will not strip a nail. Any one can help me?? It is a framing gun
liljohn

Sorry to be picky but it's called a Driver not a hammer.

In answer to your question a few quick things to check are;

1. Have you released the nail feeder? Or in the Impulses, Did you pull it back far enough to the point where it caught on the back edge of the nails?

2. Do you have the correct angle nails? Strip nails come in 21, 28, 33 degree angles. All Paslode Framers use 33.

Trim nailer's on the other hand can use straight But you must make sure you have the correct gauge.

#5 ·
Obviously the nails are not advancing forward under the driver blade. The two most common causes are old nails, where the strips have become bent or damaged in some way and have too much friction for the follower to push; or a bent magazine track. This is often not perceivable to the eye, but can be bent enough to stop the nails from advancing beacuse of friction. I assume the spring on the follower is not broken, and is pushing against the rack of nails.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.