DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   Tools (
-   -   Mystery Tool (

Bird Doo Head 11-13-2013 06:34 PM

Mystery Tool
3 Attachment(s)
Hi Folks-
I recently found a mystery tool & was hoping one of you might recognize it.

It appears to be some kind of sprayer, maybe for varnish or paint from a pressure pot? Perhaps Fred Flintstone's garden hose nozzle?

There is a barbed fitting on the end and the large, grey handle turns.
At the end which is on top in the photo, the end cap also turns & is removable. That is the "Exit" end. It has a 1/8" hole in the center.
Under this nozzle looks like a turbulator. The tool is about 9" long, 6" high and weighs just under 3 lbs.

While blowing through the barbed fitting, turning the large handle seems to adjust the air flow, but I can't be sure. It does not shut it off completely, but the gasket under the exit end cap is shattered & may have something to do with it.

The only markings are the words "Cash Standard". That was part of the slogan of AW Cash Company.

The whole slogan was "Is It The Ordinary Standard or The Cash Standard?"

They made (and still make under the name CashCo) valves. Mr. Cash made kites and typewriters, too.

I asked the company and the person said that they did, indeed, make the tool but no one knows what it is or when it was made.

Do any of you recognize it? Also, do you think the body is copper or brass? It looks like the color of copper, but that seems odd.

Thanks Very Much!

vsheetz 11-13-2013 07:55 PM

Not a muffler bearing or kanute valve...

Arlo 11-13-2013 09:53 PM

I see it says "Pat." on the side. If there is a patent number try a google search of it.

Davejss 11-13-2013 10:49 PM

Hash pipe.

Dave88LX 11-13-2013 10:59 PM

Those damn steampunk mara-ju-wana pipes.

Bird Doo Head 11-14-2013 08:17 AM


Originally Posted by Arlo (Post 1266368)
I see it says "Pat." on the side. If there is a patent number try a google search of it.

No such luck- Just the word PAT.
I tried looking at patents by Cash Co & Mr. Cash for nozzles, sprayers and similar. But, before 1979 only images exist, so words are not searchable.

Jdwilson112 03-29-2014 04:20 PM

Kind of looks like an old tie rod end

ddawg16 03-29-2014 04:33 PM

I don't think it's a tool. I'm going to speculate that it's from a machine...boiler maybe?

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:38 PM.

vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1