Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Equipment & Safety > Tools

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 05-16-2012, 07:15 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 0
Share |

miter saws! ridgid??

im in the market for a new miter saw. i found the new ridgid 10" dual bevel sliding miter saw. it look like it JUST came out and it looks great! i'd get a 12" but im going job to job(sometimes multiple jobs in a day) and they are 2 big and annoying and really 10" is all i need, if i need to cut some big crown or something the shop i work at has one sitting there. what do you guys think of it? looks to be ideal for myself but i cant find it anywhere online! does anyone know of where its for sale? my only local ridgid dealer is home depot and well i might as well talk to the wall asking any employee there.

http://toolselect.com/product/detail...ww4TIKcw%2C%2C

princelake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 09:03 PM   #2
journeyman carpenter

Rewards Points: 6

miter saws! ridgid??

well home depot is the only dealer of ridgid power tools, they get it exclusively in north america. in europe they go by another name

anyhow that model saw is a brand new design for them, hard to say if it will be any good until its in mass distrobution. ive used a few ridgid mitre saws, i wasnt too fond of them. 1 was accurate but the lock on the mitre table was a finger trap for getting your hands caught in. the other 3 all had issues with the motor in some way.

if your going to get a 10" slider the makita is your best bet

woodworkbykirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 06:47 PM   #3
Household Handyman

miter saws! ridgid??

I have the 10" DeWalt compound sliding miter saw which I use in my HandyMan business. It's light enough to remove from my work trailer when I'm on a job and easy enough to put back into place. I had the 12" version of this saw and it became way too heavy for me to use periodically. I sold the 12" to a friend of mine who does custom trim work and he is very happy with it. At times I would say it doesn't matter which brand you buy, just buy wisely so you will have a tool that you enjoy using, has not broken your savings account, and can be handled by yourself without straining.
Thurman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 07:39 PM   #4

miter saws! ridgid??

After a lot of research I bought a Dewalt DW716. I didn't want a sliding saw because I didn't want to have the extra space on the back needed.

I didn't want to spend the money on a festool, where the real nice stuff is.

I ended up getting it from http://www.toolking.com/dewalt-dw716...ound-miter-saw for $330 shipped, and bought the light for $30 extra. Don't get the laser, the light is much better.

I read through tons of reviews before deciding, try amazon reviews on any saw, I find they are pretty accurate
Lyzic is offline   Reply With Quote