Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Equipment & Safety > Tools

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 02-24-2010, 09:37 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 0
Share |

makita coumpound sliding miter saw LS1011

If anyone has a saw similar to this, I need a little parts help. I have done a search but can't find the information I need. I just need to have someone look at a part of the saw and describe it to me.

Giles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 10:14 AM   #2
remodeling pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giles View Post
If anyone has a saw similar to this, I need a little parts help. I have done a search but can't find the information I need. I just need to have someone look at a part of the saw and describe it to me.
Did you forget to attach a pic of the part in question. From just the written question, I don't know what you are asking.

troubleseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 11:06 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by troubleseeker View Post
Did you forget to attach a pic of the part in question. From just the written question, I don't know what you are asking.
Sorry--I am trying to learn how to post a picture. However, I don't know what I need. I have done an extensive search "Makita LS1011" and the diagrams I have found don't show all items.
There is a large compression spring that jumped out of the saw when I raised the head for cleaning. Acording to the diagram the only parts associated with this spring is a "through bolt"--still there, a small pin, and what looks like a washer with a demple in the center. this dimple is probably for the small pin to seat in.
Some means of retaining the spring must exist.
I was just hoping someone might have one of these saws and could furnish information. THANKS for your interest.
Old 05-21-2014, 06:39 PM   #4

Giles -

Did you ever figure out how to compress that spring and re-install it into the saw arm? I have the same problem, and that spring is so strong, I don't know how to squash it down short enough to get it back into the arm. It is held by the pressure of the end cap on that little pin you were referring to. I don't think that there is any other retaining pin, is there?

Thanks,

Paul
PaulBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 08:34 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulBrown View Post
Giles -

Did you ever figure out how to compress that spring and re-install it into the saw arm? I have the same problem, and that spring is so strong, I don't know how to squash it down short enough to get it back into the arm. It is held by the pressure of the end cap on that little pin you were referring to. I don't think that there is any other retaining pin, is there?

Thanks,

Paul
That was a long time ago but I believe I compressed the spring by compressing in a vise and then using strong wire to hold that position.
Be careful when handling and try to locate wire --in at least--three places. Also consider how you will remove the three attaching wires!!
This is not easy and caution must be taken!
Be sure that you install the saw guard activation assembly before raising the cutting head--it serves as a stop traveling up.
I hope this is of help.
The Following User Says Thank You to Giles For This Useful Post:
PaulBrown (05-22-2014)
Old 05-21-2014, 09:45 PM   #6
STAFF

Rewards Points: 30

Don't know if it will help but here is a blowup of the saw. Here is the link to the diagram:
http://www.toolpartspro.com/image/LS...LS1011N-PB.png
Attached Thumbnails
makita coumpound sliding miter saw LS1011-makita-ls1011n-pb.jpg  

Jim
BigJim is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BigJim For This Useful Post:
PaulBrown (05-22-2014)