DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (http://www.diychatroom.com/)
-   Tools (http://www.diychatroom.com/f29/)
-   -   makita coumpound sliding miter saw LS1011 (http://www.diychatroom.com/f29/makita-coumpound-sliding-miter-saw-ls1011-65291/)

Giles 02-24-2010 09:37 PM

makita coumpound sliding miter saw LS1011
 
If anyone has a saw similar to this, I need a little parts help. I have done a search but can't find the information I need. I just need to have someone look at a part of the saw and describe it to me.

troubleseeker 02-26-2010 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Giles (Post 405556)
If anyone has a saw similar to this, I need a little parts help. I have done a search but can't find the information I need. I just need to have someone look at a part of the saw and describe it to me.

Did you forget to attach a pic of the part in question. From just the written question, I don't know what you are asking.

Giles 02-26-2010 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by troubleseeker (Post 406247)
Did you forget to attach a pic of the part in question. From just the written question, I don't know what you are asking.

Sorry--I am trying to learn how to post a picture. However, I don't know what I need. I have done an extensive search "Makita LS1011" and the diagrams I have found don't show all items.
There is a large compression spring that jumped out of the saw when I raised the head for cleaning. Acording to the diagram the only parts associated with this spring is a "through bolt"--still there, a small pin, and what looks like a washer with a demple in the center. this dimple is probably for the small pin to seat in.
Some means of retaining the spring must exist.
I was just hoping someone might have one of these saws and could furnish information. THANKS for your interest.

PaulBrown 05-21-2014 06:39 PM

Makita LS1011 Compression Spring Re-Install
 
Giles -

Did you ever figure out how to compress that spring and re-install it into the saw arm? I have the same problem, and that spring is so strong, I don't know how to squash it down short enough to get it back into the arm. It is held by the pressure of the end cap on that little pin you were referring to. I don't think that there is any other retaining pin, is there?

Thanks,

Paul

Giles 05-21-2014 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulBrown (Post 1353640)
Giles -

Did you ever figure out how to compress that spring and re-install it into the saw arm? I have the same problem, and that spring is so strong, I don't know how to squash it down short enough to get it back into the arm. It is held by the pressure of the end cap on that little pin you were referring to. I don't think that there is any other retaining pin, is there?

Thanks,

Paul

That was a long time ago but I believe I compressed the spring by compressing in a vise and then using strong wire to hold that position.
Be careful when handling and try to locate wire --in at least--three places. Also consider how you will remove the three attaching wires!!
This is not easy and caution must be taken!
Be sure that you install the saw guard activation assembly before raising the cutting head--it serves as a stop traveling up.
I hope this is of help.

BigJim 05-21-2014 09:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Don't know if it will help but here is a blowup of the saw. Here is the link to the diagram:
http://www.toolpartspro.com/image/LS...LS1011N-PB.png


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:30 PM.


Copyright 2003-2014 Escalate Media LP. All Rights Reserved