Lasers - Tools - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Equipment & Safety > Tools

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-18-2007, 10:03 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 25

Lasers

I was considering buying a laser level and am basically debating between whether i want to get the black and decker crossfire which doesn't look bad for the price, or go the extra mile and get the pls2e for double the price, but it will last far longer and is more accurate.

Advertisement

JFD140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 11:28 PM   #2
remodeling pro

Rewards Points: 500

Lasers

IMO this is comparing apples to oranges. The Black and Decker being more of a novelty vs, the pls, which is a pro grade tool. You are right in being concerned about the level of accuracy among these tools. I have to laugh out loud when I walk past a display touting some manufacturers "highly accurate laser level" and see the specs claiming "accurate to plus/minus 3/8" in thirty feet. I may have to step up from my 9" torpedo level to my 12" torpedo to attain such perfection.

Advertisement

troubleseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 04:43 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 10

Lasers

i got the pls2 self-leveling laser myself, and love it..makes framing lay-out and other things such a breeze without having to snap lines and level up for top-plates..
Ryan03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 12:16 PM   #4
zel

Rewards Points: 150
Send a message via AIM to zel

Lasers

I got the crossfire as a gift and I dont like it. As a matter of fact, I might toss it on ebay. We tried to use it once while laying out the wall tile in a 6' x 12' bathroom and it was not only innacurate, but the actual laser line on the wall is so thick, its hard to even mark it in the correct place.

I would definately recommend a professional laser if you plan to use it alot. I'm just a DIY guy, so I will probably continue to use a 4' level and borrow a good laser level when I have the chance.
zel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 06:58 AM   #5

Lasers

i actually went and bought a johnson acculine crosshair laser. It doenst have different modes like the PL2 so its always a crosshair but i have seen one used at work and i liked it for the price. I bought it half price on ebay brand new so hopefully i get lucky when it arrives this afternoon. I figured black and decker was meh and johnson is a company that takes pride and puts quality into its lasers seeing as they make so many. When i get it this afternoon il definitely tell you how it is.
Old 08-27-2007, 05:23 PM   #6

Lasers

laser is great, heres the link to it

http://www.acculinepro.com/products.aspx?id=152

it works flawlessly, it has a locking mechanism to protect parts when its turned off, wall mount everything. Got it for 45 shipped to my house on ebay.

Retails about 100+ tax at lowes.

Advertisement