Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Equipment & Safety > Tools

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 02-03-2010, 07:51 PM   #1
Household Handyman

Share |

I love my Dremel Multi tool

Because--I had a cast put on my right hand/wrist yesterday and I told them before leaving the Dr.'s office it was hurting that little bone which sticks out on the outside of my wrist. They checked it and assured me it would get better. NOT! About 8:30 last night I had enough of the pain on that little bone. Sooo, me being the sub-genius I can be: I got my multi-tool and cut me a relief hole in at that area. YEP! Istant relief. The old "saw-bones Doc ain't got nuttin' on me. This new casting material does stink really bad when cutting it also. Happier David
Thurman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 08:49 PM   #2
"Beam me up, Scottie"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thurman View Post
Because--I had a cast put on my right hand/wrist yesterday and I told them before leaving the Dr.'s office it was hurting that little bone which sticks out on the outside of my wrist. They checked it and assured me it would get better. NOT! About 8:30 last night I had enough of the pain on that little bone. Sooo, me being the sub-genius I can be: I got my multi-tool and cut me a relief hole in at that area. YEP! Istant relief. The old "saw-bones Doc ain't got nuttin' on me. This new casting material does stink really bad when cutting it also. Happier David
You sir, are taking handyman to an entirely different dimension. LOL!!!

I have a heel spur. Are you busy Monday?

Kevin
Kevin M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 09:08 PM   #3

Maybe they left it that way intentionally so it would take your mind off the pain from the injury.

I wonder if Dremel makes an attachment for manicures or dental work.

I hope your wrist feels better and heals-up soon.

Barb
gma2rjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 12:06 AM   #4

I see an opportunity for a DIY Medical forum!

Get better soon.
Itsdanf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 02:57 AM   #5
Too Short? Cut it Again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsdanf View Post
I see an opportunity for a DIY Medical forum!
Bring it on! Leeches and maggots can be good things! And nothing like a good blood letting to clear out things from your bloodstream. A DIY medical forum could not be worse than some of the "sound" medical advice I have gotten of late to resolve an ankle ulcer that will not heal. I am about to head to Chinatown to see what Eastern medicine can do!
user1007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 01:19 PM   #6

medical tools and regular tools are more or less the same thing, maybe more precise control is all. and they get to charge 20 times more.
acerunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 02:17 PM   #7
Tool Geek

Kudos for David

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

& Stay Safe
.....Bob Lavery
PaliBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 06:59 AM   #8
Tool Cop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thurman View Post
Because--I had a cast put on my right hand/wrist yesterday and I told them before leaving the Dr.'s office it was hurting that little bone which sticks out on the outside of my wrist. They checked it and assured me it would get better. NOT! About 8:30 last night I had enough of the pain on that little bone. Sooo, me being the sub-genius I can be: I got my multi tool and cut me a relief hole in at that area. YEP! Istant relief. The old "saw-bones Doc ain't got nuttin' on me. This new casting material does stink really bad when cutting it also. Happier David

Ha! that's another great use of these tools. That's using your noodle.

Last edited by TrafficCopSmith; 06-01-2010 at 07:22 AM.
TrafficCopSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 08:44 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by acerunner View Post
medical tools and regular tools are more or less the same thing, maybe more precise control is all. and they get to charge 20 times more.
Funny I happened on this thread today. A multitool is exactly what they use to cut bone for joint replacements and amputations these days and you better believe the hospital pays way more for them.
Jim F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 01:56 PM   #10
Handyman

In '81 I was in a full leg cast. It was summer and the itching was driving me CRAZY! The cast was supposed to be removed the next week but I just couln't take it. I used a hacksaw...would have killed for a Dremmel

Here's to a speedy recover David
canadaclub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 02:37 PM   #11
Do work

Here's another use for your dremmel for those that have dogs. Put the sanding attachment on it. Then use it to trim your dogs nails. Its safer then cutting them and dogs like it.
liquidvw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 03:32 PM   #12
Household Handyman

If I'm not mistaken, and I am regularly at my age: The "Fein" tool, which came first was actually designed after a Neurosurgeon's bone saw which had the oscillating cutting blade. Doesn't matter to me, I like the idea/concept.
Wouldn't you think that Dremel would give us at least a new blade/attachment of our choice for these wonderful ideas?
Heel spurs require an invasive procedure. I do not have a Medical License but am willing to stay at a Holiday Inn Express the night before your surgery.
Those odd shaped bones and ligaments in my wrist have healed better than the Doc's expected for this 61 year old fart. Thanks, David
Thurman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 03:53 PM   #13
Electrician

I need a better way to cut out holes for boxes and high hates in plaster and lath walls/ceilings. The Rotozip with a tile bit works, but it makes a dust storm so I can't use it in furnished houses.

I'm thinking about trying one of these multitools.
Proby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 04:08 AM   #14
Tool Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proby View Post
I need a better way to cut out holes ...... in plaster and lath walls/ceilings......

Here is a great source for blades designed specifically to make plunge cuts in plaster.
http://multiblades.com/

click on Multimaster or Sonicrafter then scroll down to "Plaster Grit Edge Blades"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

& Stay Safe
.....Bob Lavery
PaliBob is offline   Reply With Quote