Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Equipment & Safety > Tools

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-18-2005, 09:50 PM   #1
LJD
Reformed Pirate

Rewards Points: 75

Husky Rechargeable Flashlight

Anyone have one of THESE?

They seem pretty cool, and make lots of bright light. I'm on my third, though. Bought the first one about 6 weeks ago. Opened it, and it didn't work AT ALL. The second one worked, but lost charge way too fast (about 15 minutes on the bright light, when they claim 60).

My third lost charge too fast again, on the first and second battery cycles, but now, so far, seems to be living up to about 70% of the claimed potential. Why did I even try it a third time??

Anyway, just wondering if Husky is crap, or if they make real tools, like, for example, Buffalo.

Old 03-18-2005, 10:42 PM   #2
Contractor

Rewards Points: 500

LJD, You appear to have a penchant for buying the cheapest things (I won't call them tools) available. Apparantly, you reley on your BK job to mke ends meet.

Teetorbilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 12:54 AM   #3
LJD
Reformed Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teetorbilt
LJD, You appear to have a penchant for buying the cheapest things (I won't call them tools) available. Apparantly, you reley on your BK job to mke ends meet.
Awww, Teetor. Now you're makin' me feel bad.

I don't work at Burger King, but I often go there on first dates.

So, you're sayin' my flashlight sucks? It's actually the most expensive one I have ever bought! Are there any worthy rechargeable lights?
Old 03-19-2005, 08:53 AM   #4

Rewards Points: 25

Quote:
Mr. Teetorbilt, why are you always dogging on everyone around here? Other forums I have been to the moderators are pretty partial and respect everyone, you seem to do neither of those things.

Mr. Depp, I have never owned that brand of flashlight but they don't sound to reliable to me. Have you tried to contact their customer service?
toolbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 09:34 AM   #5
LJD
Reformed Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by toolbag
Mr. Teetorbilt, why are you always dogging on everyone around here? Other forums I have been to the moderators are pretty partial and respect everyone, you seem to do neither of those things.

Mr. Depp, I have never owned that brand of flashlight but they don't sound to reliable to me. Have you tried to contact their customer service?
In fact, I did. The instructions had that common admonition in bold type on the first page: "If you have any problems with this item, DO NOT return to the place of purchase. Call our Customer Service Dept.," or something like that. So I did.

ME: My Husky flashlight is not functioning properly
THEM: What's wrong with it, exactly?
ME: Well, it doesn't make light.
THEM: Did you charge it?
ME: NO, I paid cash.
THEM: Very funny. Stop screwing around or I'll report you to Teetorbilt.
ME: Hehehe...sorry. Yes, I charged it, and it won't work AT ALL.
THEM: You'll have to return the product to Home Depot.
ME: Oh, you mean I should do what I would have done before I read your stupid instructions and then spent 15 minutes on the phone waiting for your brilliant advice?
THEM: click
Old 03-19-2005, 10:40 AM   #6

Rewards Points: 25

Well that certainly is unfortunate, sounds like you won't be getting any help from them. It sure looks like a nice flashlight in the picture. I'd like to get a rechargeable flashlight, I hate buying those darn batteries all of the time. I find it is easier just to do things during the day when it's light out, then I don't need one. I do love my cordless drill though! Ooops, sorry to get off the subject there. Well I guess I would take it back to Home Depot and ask for, no, demand your money back! You as a consumer do not have to put up with this! I bet it was made in China by a bunch of commy 5 year olds too!
toolbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 07:04 PM   #7
LJD
Reformed Pirate

OK, this flashlight officially sucks. Fully charged, and worked for about 15 minutes. I wonder if Buffalo makes an analogous product?

Does anyone know of ANY decent rechargeable flashlight? I hate buying batteries so much. If someone has a good suggestion, let me know! I could spend, like.....10 bucks...maybe more if it really works.
Old 03-19-2005, 10:00 PM   #8

Rewards Points: 150

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongJohnnyDepp
If someone has a good suggestion, let me know! I could spend, like.....10 bucks...maybe more if it really works.

19 Piece Flashlight Assortment by Buffalo Tool
SKU: 027077056594 Warehouse: NJ - OverStock
Economy Flashlight Assortment with Batteries.
Retail Value: $9.99
pipeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 10:35 PM   #9
LJD
Reformed Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipeguy
19 Piece Flashlight Assortment by Buffalo Tool
SKU: 027077056594 Warehouse: NJ - OverStock
Economy Flashlight Assortment with Batteries.
Retail Value: $9.99
Hahahaha!! Damn, pipeguy. Either you're applying for the position of my new best friend, or you're a Buffalo Tool rep.

I have to laugh at the concept of a 19-piece flashlight assortment! If there's anything I need in nineteen different shapes and sizes, it's NOT a flashlight. No jokes on this one Teetorbilt. It would just be too easy, and I wouldn't respect you anymore.

EDIT: Oh, I guess they're counting the batteries among the 19 pieces. I hate it when they do stuff like that...
Old 03-20-2005, 12:37 AM   #10
Contractor

Rewards Points: 500

Best flaslights. I have used MagLites for years.
Whoever makes them for BMW does a fine job. I just found one that came with an old car. It was in a junk box and I was cleaning out the garage, I flipped the switch and it was as bright as it was the day that I bought the car. I put it in my truck.
Teetorbilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 10:11 AM   #11
LJD
Reformed Pirate

Quote:
Best flaslights. I have used MagLites for years.
Whoever makes them for BMW does a fine job. I just found one that came with an old car. It was in a junk box and I was cleaning out the garage, I flipped the switch and it was as bright as it was the day that I bought the car. I put it in my truck.
I agree that Maglites are great, and I have 3 or 4. But DAMN, they just suck up batteries!
Old 04-02-2009, 08:30 AM   #12

Rewards Points: 10

A rechargeable flashlight could be a could one... i think it is better...

Last edited by flashdix; 04-04-2009 at 03:29 AM.
flashdix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 11:21 AM   #13
dds

We bought this really neat flashlight and thought it was great that it was rechargable. As others have found it loses power WAY TOO fast and then just dies and won't recharge. Even took it to a flashlight store to see if I could replace the battery and guess what? The experts could nor even GET IT OPEN to replace the battery without cutting the handle off, What's with that? A lesson well learned is my guess. Stay away from HUSKY FLASHLIGHTS
dds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 08:35 AM   #14
Household Handyman

Rewards Points: 1,010

Your link would not show up for me. IF it's the Husky flashlight that I suspect it is, a sort of square base, about a six/seven inch tall column, and a tilt head with guard, then I know the one you are trying to show. I bought one, completely unhappy, did my internet research before taking it back. FIRST-it's not made my Husky, no surprise here. I can't remember the company that does make them but they sell their own brand, looks identical except theirs are black/yellow. These particular lights have a bad reputation, it's the battery of course, admittedly Chinese, nothing wrong with the rest of the light. IF they could make a battery that would hold a charge, say over 24 hours, they could sell these lights. I could never count on mine to be ready when I was, and I go under houses a lot>I want dependable lighting there. Actually, my Maglight has been the most dependable, period. I just keep two in my truck and always have new batteries. It just doesn't light up as large an area at once, and I can't sit it down and aim it.
Thurman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 11:28 AM   #15

I have used several of the Streamlight rechargeable flashlights and have had great success. I had a Stinger and recently moved to the smaller Strion. They will cost you a pretty penny, but in the long run will be worth it. You can usually pick one up used on ebay for around $60. If I remember correctly they have a lifetime warranty as well (except bulbs and batteries of course). I emailed them in the past about a bad switch for my Strion and they shipped me a new switch for free in 2 days.

Last edited by Zeros; 04-08-2009 at 11:33 AM.
Zeros is offline   Reply With Quote