Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Equipment & Safety > Tools

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-18-2009, 12:28 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 0
Share |

Honda 3540 pressure washer has no pressure

It has a devilbiss pump and the oil is gritty and gray, seems like it might have water in it but don't know what color it is supposed to be never looked at it til now that I have a problem. Seems like it would be an O-ring somewhere but wouldn't think that would cause no pressure at all just the water in oil. Anyway there doesn't seem to be much info out there for repairing pumps just how bullet proof and reliable they are.

Bulls Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 06:24 PM   #2
Tool Geek

Rewards Points: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls Fan View Post
....the oil is gritty and gray,......
I think you are looking at a rebuild. In the Chicago area I would call 'Accurate Pump Repair on 73rd Street and ask their opinion. They do mostly industrial but they at least should be able to refer you to a smaller operator.

I've had a couple of problems with my Costco Honda engined Washer and had it repaired at a local paint sprayer repair shop.

PaliBob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 06:41 PM   #3
Safe, Most of the Time!!

Here is a link to Northern Tool; they sell replacement pumps. They are based in MN, but they will ship all over the country.

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/w...0_32+37+342363

Check out the price of a rebuild, but also check out the price of a replacement pump.

I am sure there are other places on the web that sell replacement pumps. This is the one I am familiar with. Just posted the link for you to get an idea what the repair may cost.

Picture/Photo Pitcher/Carafe ------- Where/Someplace Were/Be
brokenknee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 01:36 AM   #4
Household Handyman

You know, Bob gives good advice, maybe brokenknee does also, I just don't see that name much. I have found lots of info on pressure washer pumps via Internet. But here's my advice: IF you have decided that your pump has bitten the dust and you will seek a replacement, maybe do as I do with these situations. It's time to learn, take the pump off of the unit, whether it be gas or electric powered. Search the Internet for the model of Devilbiss pump you have and see if you can find a parts breakdown. Start taking the pump apart and see if you can find something readily apparent that may be wrong, broken "O" ring, check valve stuck open, or check valve which will not open (stuck closed). Dissect it, learn from it, and if you can not fix it-what have you lost, you were going to replace it anyway. That's how I learn a lot about "things". I even take someone's else's junk home to dissect it, and learn. Good Luck, David
Thurman is offline   Reply With Quote