Has Anyone Ever Tried To Make A Table Saw Top - Like The Rousseau "PortaMax Jr 2600? - Tools - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Equipment & Safety > Tools

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-30-2013, 01:03 PM   #1
DIY Padawan

Rewards Points: 75
Question

Has Anyone Ever Tried To Make a Table Saw Top - like the Rousseau "PortaMax Jr 2600?

Just curious if any of the ingenious innovators here have ever tried (and/or succeeded) in creating a "replacement" top for their portable table saw - similar, perhaps, to the Rousseau PortaMax Jr 2600 (links + image below).

I inquired about the construction of the product from Rousseau, and this is the response I received . . . *
Quote:
"The table top of the 2600 is a particle board with high pressure laminate on both sides and edge banded. The frame of the 2600 surrounds the top of the saw and bolts to the saw. Thus the 2600 stays with the saw and utilizes the top of the saw and the laminate top of the 2600 to expand rip capacity."

http://www.rousseauco.com/model2600.htm

http://www.amazon.com/Rousseau-Porta.../dp/B0000224RS

I am consistently amazed and inspired at the sheer creativity and innovation that I see amongst so many contributors here that I thought I would pose my question here ... thinking, perhaps, there might even be ideas as to how to improve upon the "rousseau" idea - as a DIY project.

Looking forward to (hopefully) some inspiring insight, ideas, thoughts, etc.

THANK YOU !!! . . .

TOM

Advertisement

CaptainMarvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 02:15 PM   #2
DIY Padawan

Rewards Points: 75

Has Anyone Ever Tried To Make a Table Saw Top - like the Rousseau "PortaMax Jr 2600?

no thoughts whatsoever ???

Advertisement

CaptainMarvel is offline   Reply With Quote