DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (http://www.diychatroom.com/)
-   Tools (http://www.diychatroom.com/f29/)
-   -   Gotta brag - Now I need projects (http://www.diychatroom.com/f29/gotta-brag-now-i-need-projects-128055/)

MooseWoodworks 12-29-2011 10:47 AM

Gotta brag - Now I need projects
 
So for Christmas the wife picked me up a new miter saw. I got it a couple of weeks ago.

This beauty here: http://www.homedepot.com/Tools-Hardw...atalogId=10053

Then I got the e-mail this morning that I had another order on the way. She overheard a conversation I was having with my brother and got me this: http://www.homedepot.com/Featured-Pr...atalogId=10053

So, I guess the porter cable air compressor thread is all for nothing now.

Now I need some ideas for projects. The wife wants a pew(sp) for our kitchen/living room area so I think that may be the first thing that gets shot with the new air compressor I've got. I'm a lucky man.

oh'mike 12-29-2011 06:11 PM

Those are both nice heavy duty tools----Nice wife----Tell here you need a surface planer--You will like one of those:laughing:

MooseWoodworks 12-29-2011 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oh'mike (Post 806725)
Those are both nice heavy duty tools----Nice wife----Tell here you need a surface planer--You will like one of those:laughing:

Yea, I'm not going to be pushing my luck for a while. I think that will be my safest bet right now. :laughing:

dougp23 12-29-2011 06:55 PM

Agree with Mike, that's a heck of a wife you got there! And she buys good stuff, never had a problem with Makita equipment.

MooseWoodworks 12-29-2011 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dougp23 (Post 806769)
Agree with Mike, that's a heck of a wife you got there! And she buys good stuff, never had a problem with Makita equipment.

I'm excited. These will be my first two Makita tools I've ever owned. The saw is awesome. It's extremely well built and the accuracy seems to be very very good. I'm excited about the air compressor because I've never owned one. Now I'll be able to nail stuff a lot faster in my shop. I can't wait to get both tools going and start making some things.

I've always been a Milwaukee guy, but these Makitas might be converting me.

Doc Holliday 12-29-2011 07:24 PM

I will only own Makita tools.

I have the older 18v lithium ion hammer drill/flash light combo, the full five piece lithium ion combo which includes circular saw, saw zawll, two drills and a light and the new impact drill and regular non hammer drill quick charge 18v lithium ion Makita set.

There can be only one, Makita. :thumbsup:

ratherbefishing 12-30-2011 05:45 PM

Great tools. Great wife. Now, go make her something. That bench. Crown molding. New railing for the deck.
She must be hinting about something.

PowerWash 01-02-2012 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MooseWoodworks (Post 806366)
So for Christmas the wife picked me up a new miter saw. I got it a couple of weeks ago.

This beauty here: http://www.homedepot.com/Tools-Hardw...atalogId=10053

Then I got the e-mail this morning that I had another order on the way. She overheard a conversation I was having with my brother and got me this: http://www.homedepot.com/Featured-Pr...atalogId=10053

So, I guess the porter cable air compressor thread is all for nothing now.

Now I need some ideas for projects. The wife wants a pew(sp) for our kitchen/living room area so I think that may be the first thing that gets shot with the new air compressor I've got. I'm a lucky man.

I like the looks of that compressor, please do some kind of review of that thing when you get it in:thumbsup:

MooseWoodworks 01-02-2012 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PowerWash (Post 810326)
I like the looks of that compressor, please do some kind of review of that thing when you get it in:thumbsup:

Sure thing!

Ironlight 01-02-2012 05:55 PM

I have a 1/2" corded drill from Makita, circa 1986. It's a beast and has not lost a step in 25 years of consistent use.

MooseWoodworks 01-05-2012 06:00 AM

I have to say that the Mac5200 sure looks well built. I haven't had a chance to break it in yet. I've been extremely busy with work and extra curricular events taking up my time. The best news I have so far is that the wheel issue seems to have been addressed by Makita. They aren't cheap plastic. They seem to be solid rubber tires which is awesome. I was already planning on taking one off and going by my local Tractor Supply after work, but upon opening the box I saw there was no need. :thumbsup:

scyarch 02-17-2012 02:21 AM

How's the 12" cut? I just got the 10" because it matches our table saw for blades, and I heard the 12 has deflection issues depending on the blades used.

Honestly, I don't have a 12" sliding for almost anything. I almost was good with my dad's old 10" miter saw cutting 30 or 60 degree angles on bamboo hardwood with little issue and can blow through 4xs and almost never do crown so I felt justified with the 10. Had to return the first one though because the laser sight was angled ever so slightly from the blade (not parallel to the cut and so unfixable and unreliable in sighting). Still have to hook up the new one to set up and test it out, get everything pretty trued.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:02 AM.


Copyright 2003-2014 Escalate Media LP. All Rights Reserved