DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Which Framing Nailer? - Compressor?

6K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  wombosi 
#1 ·
Hi....first post here!

I've decided to get a framing nailer and a Compressor for work on the house.
I'm framing up a new bathroom and building a large fence.

I was going to get the Dewalt combo available at the Depot - I liked the wheels on the D55154FC Dolly Twin Stack Nailer Combo, as my back is a pain ....literally. Then after looking around, I realized that I could easily outfit a set of wheels on most Compressors.

The Makita MAC2400 is very quiet....I like that and will likely get this Compressor unless someone tells me something otherwise.

As far as a nailer is concerned, I'm a bit lost! Weight is important....so is size. I'm not getting any younger. lol

Round head only would work here.

It looks like the new Hitachi NR90AD comes in at 7 pounds & wins its weight division. But several others are at about 7.8 pounds or less.

The Bostitch F28WW looks good
(also, I can't tell the difference between the F28WW & the N88WW.)
as do the Max SN884Rh,
PneuTools SN2190RH,
Milwaukee 7100-20 and
Senco SN902XP.

These nailers all have been rated high in various reviews on line.

I'm not a contractor....strictly DIY'er....econo is a bit of concern, but not essential.

Also, anyone have luck purchasing a used nailer on line?

Hope that helps!

thx

See less See more
#3 ·
buy a dewalt or paslode on ebay both are great and ebay is awesome and cheap dewalt single tank two way hook up with tires and pull around handle at lowes is awesome. you can still hear yourself think while its running. i use these tools everyday keep them oiled and clean.

#4 ·
I bought the Bostich combo on Amazon (3 guns and compressor) along with a Porter Cable 22 degree framing nailer. Used them all so far for framing out my 25x10 garage into a home office and work shop. Love them both and paid $300 total. They are reconditioned but didn't notice any wear at all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.