Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Equipment & Safety > Tools

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-08-2010, 02:11 PM   #1

Share |

Fein Multimaster

I borrowed this tool off of a friend who bought it and never used it. This thing is a beast, I never thought I'd use it so much. Problem is, I should of taken into consideration the cost of the blades before dulling them all up.

Does anyone know where I can find cheap blades for this thing? $20+ per blade is absolutely insane, they don't even last too long.

It is a sweet tool though, I'd probably go with a cheaper brand though, now that a bunch of different companies are making them.

Branden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 02:25 PM   #2
nap
You talking to me?

Fein Multimaster

is it fair you replace the blades with something other than what you borrowed?

just in case you need help, no, it isn't.

You should talk to your friend before doing anything such as this. You might find yourself buying Fein blades and getting stuck with whatever you buy and try to pawn off on him. Then again, he might not care.

nap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 04:12 PM   #3
Tool Geek

Fein Multimaster

Multiblades a small independent California company has been making Fein replacement blades almost since day one. They have come out with new blade styles besides the Fein replacements and also a new 'square hole' blade design.

Besides Fein Multimaster they also make high quality blades for the Bosch, Rockwell, Dremel, and Harbor Freight oscillating tools.

Last edited by PaliBob; 11-09-2010 at 01:58 PM. Reason: Bad Link s/b http://multiblades.com/
PaliBob is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PaliBob For This Useful Post:
Branden (11-08-2010)
Old 11-08-2010, 04:33 PM   #4

Fein Multimaster

nap,
He is also trying to find out where to get lower priced blades and we are both searching for a place to get them.

PaliBob,
Thanks for the info, I think I'll be ordering blades off of them in the near future.
Branden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 04:58 PM   #5

Fein Multimaster

Try bargainblade.com
retired guy 60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 05:23 PM   #6
nap
You talking to me?

Fein Multimaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Branden View Post
nap,
He is also trying to find out where to get lower priced blades and we are both searching for a place to get them.

PaliBob,
Thanks for the info, I think I'll be ordering blades off of them in the near future.
I understand that and I do not fault the guy but in both a legal and moral sense, he used up Fein blades so he needs to either replace with Fein blades or ask the owner of the tool if some others would be acceptable.

and after I read that 3 times, I realized I was responding to the OP and he was speaking about the owner of the tool.

If the owner is fine with something other than Fein, then all will be fine. Until you posted that, there was no way to determine the owner was fine without Fein but now we know his is fine without Fein, you will be fine if you do not purchase Fein but I would expect you to buy something just as fine as Fein blades.

Last edited by nap; 11-08-2010 at 05:26 PM.
nap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 05:48 PM   #7

Fein Multimaster

Two for $8, reg $12 at Sears.

Gary