I have an old Sears unit that recently starting acting up like the capacitor was bad. Upon purchase of the new cap I noticed I forgot to mark the wiring scheme when I took off the old on to take with me. So after a few trials I found the correct combination and it seemed to run. Then the ground lug fell off the plug and after replacing that it will only run for another 10 seconds and trips the breaker that it has run off of for 5+ years. The cap was really hot, so I am wondering if I hurt the motor by hooking up the cap wrong a few times. I put the old cap on it and it ran but still trips the breaker so it appears that the actual problem was that faulty plug, is this possible?