DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (http://www.diychatroom.com/)
-   Tools (http://www.diychatroom.com/f29/)
-   -   Diagram Sears Craftsman Belt sander (http://www.diychatroom.com/f29/diagram-sears-craftsman-belt-sander-20373/)

crosscharge 04-27-2008 10:51 AM

Diagram Sears Craftsman Belt sander
 
I am looking for a Sears Craftsman 4" Belt Sander diagram model 315.11760. If anyone has this info, GREAT!!! I checked out Sears, most of the parts are obsolete. Thanks.

Belt Sander 01-16-2010 08:47 PM

RE: Craftsman 315.11760
 
Just wondering - did anyone find the information requested? I have one of these old sanders and would love to have a copy of the manual and exploded part drawing, especially since the one on the Sears website is such a low quality scan.

Anyone else have this 4" belt sander with dust collection port on the side? If so please let us know.

PJM361 07-21-2011 03:55 PM

I know this is old but, I was searching for the same manual. I found a similar one here http://www.managemylife.com/mmh/lis_...M/L0805053.pdf
not too many parts available for either. Good luck.

Ron6519 07-21-2011 05:58 PM

Did you try Old Woodworking machines.com?

PJM361 07-23-2011 03:37 AM

I lent it to my brother and he gave it back not working. I opened it up and check to make sure there was power to the cord up to the trigger. Then thinking the trigger might be bad I bypassed it but, it still didn't work. Checked sears and there aren't many parts available anymore so i bought a new one.

Ron6519 07-23-2011 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PJM361 (Post 691820)
I lent it to my brother and he gave it back not working. I opened it up and check to make sure there was power to the cord up to the trigger. Then thinking the trigger might be bad I bypassed it but, it still didn't work. Checked sears and there aren't many parts available anymore so i bought a new one.

You need to lubricate the front cylinder on a regular basis. At 4 hours continuous use or 8 hours of intermittant use.

PJM361 07-23-2011 10:58 PM

The motor wasn't working & they don't sell the brush assembly anymore. My new Black & Decker died after 3 uses:mad: went back to Lowes & they let me return it. :)

Ron6519 07-24-2011 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PJM361 (Post 692330)
The motor wasn't working & they don't sell the brush assembly anymore. My new Black & Decker died after 3 uses:mad: went back to Lowes & they let me return it. :)

This is a long shot, but maybe the original manufacturer might still sell the parts. The first 3 digits of the model # indicates the manufacturer. In this case it referred to, Diehl Manufacturing Co. who was taken over by Ryobi in 1988.
Like I said, a long shot.

del schisler 07-24-2011 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PJM361 (Post 691820)
I lent it to my brother and he gave it back not working. I opened it up and check to make sure there was power to the cord up to the trigger. Then thinking the trigger might be bad I bypassed it but, it still didn't work. Checked sears and there aren't many parts available anymore so i bought a new one.

when you bypassed the switch did you have voltage at the brushes ? They do sell the holder's and maybe the brushes come with them. A motor rebuilding service should have the brushes they are not special. You may not need the holder's ?? I would take it to a place that does repair they may know more than you at this point ?

boman47k 08-03-2011 10:23 AM

Not to derail, but I have a Mikita saw that I think needs brushings. At one time, you could spin the blade by hand, and it would run and cut fine. I did that few days ago because I was going to sell it in a yardsale. Got one or two reponses before it died completely.

The brushings show to be obsolete. Bought another, but wondering if an electrical supply/repair house might have brushings that would work.

del schisler 08-03-2011 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boman47k (Post 699465)
Not to derail, but I have a Mikita saw that I think needs brushings. At one time, you could spin the blade by hand, and it would run and cut fine. I did that few days ago because I was going to sell it in a yardsale. Got one or two reponses before it died completely.

The brushings show to be obsolete. Bought another, but wondering if an electrical supply/repair house might have brushings that would work.

a good one should they can grind a bigger one to the size. bring the old one if you still have it. Did the old one have a spring that pushed the brush down on the arm. If so bring it also good luck as far ar the mikita they have brush's at $7 and some change. The brush's ware out due to the braking system. It take's the voltage and make's the armature try and go backward's. that is what stop's it. They pit real bad and it doesn't work turnung them aroung. I have tried and doesn't work. just get new ones

boman47k 08-03-2011 01:13 PM

Yeah, they are still complete, just worn down to the copper wire connection.

PJM361 08-03-2011 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron6519 (Post 692421)
This is a long shot, but maybe the original manufacturer might still sell the parts. The first 3 digits of the model # indicates the manufacturer. In this case it referred to, Diehl Manufacturing Co. who was taken over by Ryobi in 1988.
Like I said, a long shot.

I think it said Simpson and Sears on the side.

Ron6519 08-03-2011 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PJM361 (Post 699855)
I think it said Simpson and Sears on the side.

My belt sander says "Craftsman". They never put the actual manufacturers name on a Craftsman tool.
I didn't realize Homer was in the business.

Mr Chips 08-03-2011 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PJM361 (Post 699855)
I think it said Simpson and Sears on the side.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron6519 (Post 699954)
My belt sander says "Craftsman". They never put the actual manufacturers name on a Craftsman tool.
.

Simpsons-Sears Limited was the original name of Sears in Canada

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...Sears_logo.png


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:37 PM.


Copyright 2003-2014 Escalate Media LP. All Rights Reserved